At YETI, we believe that time spent outdoors matters more than ever and our gear can make that time extraordinary. When you work here, you'll have the opportunity to create exceptional, meaningful work and problem solve with innovative team members by your side. Together, you'll help our customers get the high-quality gear they need to make the most of their adventures. We are built for the wild.
YETI is actively seeking a Store Manager to lead our new retail store located on King Street in downtown Charleston. We are looking for someone with an entrepreneurial mindset, takes initiative, and is comfortable operating in the gray area.
This is an exciting opportunity to help build out a store in a new market for YETI from the ground up. This individual will provide leadership and direction to the store staff and successfully execute company strategies. The primary responsibilities of the Store Manager is to determine and maintain optimal staffing levels, recruit, hire, educate, and motivate a team of Brand Advocates who in turn inspire the customer. These Brand Advocates are responsible for setting the example for customer engagement and selling in a team environment maximizing store profitability by controlling expenses, protecting company assets, and ensuring that store standards and processes for customer care, merchandising, operations, training, and community participation are consistent and well executed.
- Sales and Profitability: Maximizes store sales and achieves store sales goals. Measures and monitors sales progress and results against key targets. Leads an environment of productivity by ensuring store staff have the knowledge and skills to meet store goals for sales and customer engagement. Manages labor and operational expenses to maximize sales and profitability.
- Brand Experience/Customer Service: Ensures excellence in customer service in the store by modeling brand specific service standards as well as by monitoring customer feedback and responding to and addressing all customer concerns quickly. Ensures that store team is engaging with each customer to create an authentic brand experience. Leads and inspires customer-centric culture by recognizing and rewarding teams' successes. Ensures that store team is an active brand ambassador within the community through proactively seeking opportunities to engage with the customers and support or participate in community activation inside and outside the four walls of the store. Support YETI marketing events and grows relationships in the community to generate brand awareness and drive traffic.
- Training and Coaching Team: Provides coaching to the store team in the core areas of customer service and engagement, brand identity, product knowledge, and operations. Monitors, evaluates, and executes training programs. Educates staff on product and assortment to enhance selling and customer engagement in the store. Organizes and leads store staff meetings in accordance with brand expectations. Ensures store team receives relevant, timely information, coaching, and feedback that enables their success and growth.
- Operations: Ensures that all company and store policies and procedures are followed and that the store meets all company operations standards. Creates and manages store schedules to ensure they support the needs of the business within the allotted labor plans. Responsible for achieving all financial and operational objectives including expense control, loss prevention, and weekly reports as required.
- Inventory Management: Maintain inventory levels that will supply the demand and correlate with expected traffic patterns. Manage Stockroom levels and organization.
- Visual Merchandising: Ensures visual merchandising standards for the store are met. Plans and executes floor-sets and merchandising direction, to maintain product freshness in the store. Communicates with corporate partners regarding merchandise assortment, trends, and needs. Responsible for ensuring that the store's inventory integrity is maintained through proper shipping and receiving procedures and by communicating consistently with partners where needed.
- Human Resource Management: Attracts, recruits, and hires high caliber talent. Actively maintains a succession plan and pool of qualified candidates for open positions within the store. Creates and develops a high-performing team of customer focused associates. Responsible for planning, communication, and implementation of recognition programs for the store team. Directs store leadership team on human resource decisions in partnership with Human Resources. Addresses performance issues and administers progressive discipline when appropriate. Ensures on-going specific and immediate feedback is provided to the team. Ensures compliance with employee record keeping policies and procedures. Ensures compliance with all HR/Payroll requirements according to established standards and practices including new hires, rehires, position changes, etc. Partners with Human Resources and facilitates disciplining and terminating employees when necessary. Maintains an Open Door Policy.
- Loss Prevention, Safety, and Compliance: Ensures compliance and adherence to policies and procedures, standards and practices. Protects company assets. Ensures compliance with company safety, security, and shrink avoidance policies and programs. Partners with Loss Prevention partners to identify trends and translate strategies into action to meet company shrink goals. Reacts quickly to all customer and employee injuries and partners with Human Resources immediately.
- Professional Conduct: Models behavior that respects the background, experience, and cultural differences of others, while upholding the integrity and values of the brand. Promotes an environment that encourages participation, creativity, and learning by sharing best practices and building on the ideas of others.
- Community Engagement: Manage the stores social media channels, which includes listening and engaging with the local community. Schedule and execute social media post while ensuring the voice of the YETI brand is clear and consistent with our brand voice. Work closely with marketing on planning and executing YETI in-store marketing events and other retail traffic driving events.
- Associate Degree (AA) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school preferred but not required
- 5+ years of management experience in a fast-paced retail environment
- Experience in a specialty retail environment, outdoor apparel industry or experience with outdoor equipment sales preferred
- Experience running a retail store's social media channels (Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter) to increase store traffic and local community engagement
- Proven experience executing store community outings and events
- Proven ability to meet and exceed sales and profit results
- Proven ability to meet business goals by driving results through store team
- Proven ability to plan and drive results while balancing shifting priorities
- Regularly interacts with the public in an often crowded and noisy interactive store environment
- Excellent verbal and written skills and the ability to build, lead, and manage high performing teams
- Excellent decision making ability in a fast-paced environment
- Able to meet performance expectations
- Detail orientated and excellent organization skills
- Proficient computer skills including word processing, spreadsheets, and software programs
- Proven ability in leading the delivery of a high level of customer service and engagement in a retail environment
- Event planning experience high preferred
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the business; will require some weekends, evenings, and holidays
- Operate office equipment and technology (i.e., computers, phones, fax, copier, etc.)
- Standing required for entire work shift
- Bend, lift, open, and move product up to 50 pounds as needed
- Travel (less than 10% of time)
YETI is an Equal Opportunity Employer