Assistant VP of Enrollment Management
Full Time, Non-Exempt: Monday through Thursday 11am to 7pm & Friday 9am-5pm
General sentence of the main purpose of the job.The Receptionist is the initial contact person for students, staff and all visitors contacting the Admissions Office. The Receptionist will greet visitors, handle incoming calls, and schedule appointments. He/she may also assist other administrative staff with overflow work, including data entry and other general clerical administrative duties. It is the responsibility of the Receptionist to provide professional, courteous and effective service to all constituencies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ability to handle high volume telephone calls on multiple lines
- Schedule appointments
- Ability to multi-task
- Outgoing and personable
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Effective decision-making capability
- Work well with multiple constituencies
- Strong desire to work in a service-oriented capacity
- Assist with mailings and other clerical administrative duties
- Create work orders and restock catalogues, viewbooks and image pieces in the waiting area
- Data entry of prospective students into the student information system
- Import SAT/ACT scores into the student information system
- Attend all admissions events such as Open House, Accepted Students Events, etc.
- Other duties as assigned
Attend seminars and meetings when needed.
DESIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Computer Proficiency in Excel and Word
- Computer aptitude to learn the Jenzabar student information system
- Previous experience as a receptionist handling multiple call lines is preferred
- High school diploma
Works under the general supervision of the Office Manager.
RESPONSIBILITY FOR PUBLIC CONTACT
Daily contact requiring courtesy, discretion, professional appearance and sound judgment.
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT USED
Personal computer, including spreadsheet and data entry software; telephone; copy machine; and fax machine.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, talk and hear. The employee is required to sit for long periods of time and occasionally required to walk. He/she must use hands and fingers to operate, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderately quiet. The atmosphere is high paced with high volume levels of work, and multiple priorities, especially during peak times.The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
E-mail resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYERWomen, minorities, persons with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.