Manages Learning & Development programs under limited direction. Responsible for projects within programs. Projects may impact multiple functions in assigned division and typically has moderate impact on the corporation/division. Budget responsibilities are based on project requirements.
- Works across matrix organization to manage the delivery of multiple, large-scale learning and development programs.
- Manages and implements both internally delivered and vendor managed programs.
- Collaborates across HR and throughout the business on the development of yearly delivery plan, including budgetary needs and metrics, for assigned projects and programs.
- Facilitates program related logistics and communications.
- Serves as a subject matter expert of assigned learning curricula; act as program delivery expert, manage and resolve escalated issues related to program design and delivery.
- Identifies project/program issues and needs. Delivers innovative solutions involving substantial latitude (judgment/decision making skills) in course of action. Engages with senior management when necessary.
- Communicates project status to key stakeholders across the business throughout the duration of the program and post implementation to make certain all impacted stakeholders have an understanding of issues, risks, mitigation plans, activities and results.
- Develops and implements ongoing support and content maintenance model, collaborating business owners and vendor partners to ensure that updates to program design and content are timely.
- Acts as master facilitator for assigned programs, enabling field trainers and leaders as teachers to deliver high-quality instruction.
- Ensures budget is adhered to, based upon program requirements.
- Provides guidance and coaching to other professionals within the Learning & Development team to support development and expand knowledge base and competency of team members. Provides direction and mentoring on assigned projects.
Walgreens (walgreens.com), one of the nation's largest drugstore chains, is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc. (Nasdaq: WBA), a global leader in retail and wholesale pharmacy. Walgreens is proud to be a neighborhood health, beauty and retail destination supporting communities across the country, and was named to FORTUNE* magazine’s 2019 Companies that Change the World list. Approximately 8 million customers interact with Walgreens in stores and online each day. As of August 31, 2019, Walgreens operates 9,277 drugstores with a presence in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands, along with its omni-channel business, Walgreens.com. Walgreens also provides specialty pharmacy and mail services and offers in-store clinics and other health care services throughout the United States, most of which are operated by our health care strategic partners.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans.
Bachelor’s degree and at least 2 years’ experience in Learning & Development, Talent Management, or HR Talent Development, OR high school/GED and at least 5 years’ experience in Learning, Talent Management, or HR talent development.
Experience in diagnosing, isolating, and resolving complex issues and recommending and implementing procedures to resolve problems.
Experience collaborating with internal and external resources to develop strategies that meet department goals within budget and established timelines.
Knowledge of adult learning principles and methodologies.
Experience with project management (for example:
planning, organizing, and managing resources to bring about the successful completion of specific project goals and objectives).
Intermediate level skill in Microsoft PowerPoint (for example:
applying a theme, formatting character spacing, inserting a picture, changing slide layout and theme colors, adding transitions, customizing slide numbers, changing chart style and/or formatting font).
Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example:
using SUM function, setting borders, setting column width, inserting charts, using text wrap, sorting, setting headers and footers and/or print scaling).
Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Word (for example:
inserting headers, page breaks, page numbers and tables and/or adjusting table columns).
At least 1 year experience of cross functional team leadership.
Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Bachelor's degree in a related field such as human resources or learning and development.
- Master's degree/MBA.
- Experience in health care or retail learning and development.
- Experience in learning and development for organizations with a Center of Excellence – HR Shared Services model.
- Experience in learning and development for organizations with sales in excess of $1 billion or with a learning consulting firm.
- At least 1 year of experience planning, developing, and managing program budgets.
- Experience creating experience-minded learning and development design.
- Experience in effectively managing and adapting to change.