Are you excited at the prospect of unlocking the secrets held by a data set? Are you fascinated by the possibilities presented by the IoT, machine learning, and artificial intelligence advances? In an increasingly connected world, massive amounts of structured and unstructured data open up new opportunities. As a data scientist, you can turn these complex data sets into useful information to solve global challenges. Across private and public sectors — from fraud detection, to cancer research, to national intelligence — you know the answers are in the data.
We have an opportunity for you to use your leadership and analytical skills to improve a Joint Combat Command. You’ll work closely with your customer to comprehend their questions and needs, and then dig into their data-rich environment to find the pieces of their information puzzle. You’ll mentor teammates, develop algorithms, write scripts, build predictive analytics, use automation, apply machine learning, and use the right combination of tools and frameworks to turn that set of disparate data points into objective answers to help senior leadership make informed decisions. You’ll provide your customer with a deep understanding of their data, what it all means, and how they can use it. Join us as we use data science for good in supporting our warfighters.
Empower change with us.
Build Your Career:
At Booz Allen, we know the power of analytics and we’re dedicated to helping you grow as a data analysis professional. When you join Booz Allen, you can expect:
access to online and onsite training in data analysis and presentation methodologies, and tools like Hortonworks, Docker, Tableau, and Splunk
a chance to change the world with the Data Science Bowl—the world’s premier data science for social good competition
participation in partnerships with data science leaders, like our partnership with NVIDIA to deliver Deep Learning Institute (DLI) training to the federal government
You’ll have access to a wealth of training resources through our Analytics University, an online learning portal specifically geared towards data science and analytics skills, where you can access more than 5000 functional and technical courses, certifications, and books. Build your technical skills through hands-on training on the latest tools and state-of-the-art tech from our in-house experts. Pursuing certifications? Take advantage of our tuition assistance, on-site bootcamps, certification training, academic programs, vendor relationships, and a network of professionals who can give you helpful tips. We’ll help you develop the career you want, as you chart your own course for success.
Nice If You Have:
- Experience with data analytics languages, including R and Python
- Experience with query languages, including SQL, Hive, Pig, or Spark
- Knowledge of data mining methods, including clustering and anomaly detection to comprehend data patterns and select appropriate predictive techniques
- Knowledge of applied machine learning
- Knowledge of applied statistics, including distributions, statistical testing, and regression
- Knowledge of machine learning libraries, including scikit-learn or various packages for R
- Ability to transform complicated subject matter and diverse source material into coherent, engaging, and accurate communications for a variety of audiences
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines across multiple projects simultaneously, including prioritizing demands on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis
- Secret clearance
- BA or BS degree
- Experience with data visualization tools, including ggplot, d3.js and Matplotlib and Tableau project management
- Knowledge of machine learning and assurance intelligence with techniques, including neural, recurrent, and convolutional networks
- Ability to learn substance of research quickly and the intellectual curiosity and dedication to master vast and complex subjects
- MA or MS degree
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information; Secret clearance is required.
We’re an EOE that empowers our people—no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other protected characteristic—to fearlessly drive change.