- Project Planning
- ERP Systems
- Business Intelligence
IT Programmer Analyst
Beacon Roofing Supply, Inc. is the largest publicly traded distributor of residential and non-residential roofing and complementary building products in North America. With projected revenues of $7 billion Beacon will operate 589 branch locations in 50 states and 6 Canadian provinces with more than 8,500 employees. Beacon is a publicly traded (NASDAQ: BECN) growth company with continued acquisition and organic growth plans. We are seeking a talented, rising star to play a key role in our IT organization developing technology projects that drive business value and optimize our business processes.
- Professional, hard working, positive attitude with a willingness to learn and apply multiple technologies to creatively exceed the customer’s expectations and drive business value.
- Good listening, written and oral communication skills with the natural ability and interest in delivering exceptional customer service to the user community.
- Work effectively in a virtual team environment and demonstrate high ethical standards.
- Quick learner with strong analytical, problem solving skills that can produce quality work in a timely fashion.
- Time & work management skills with an awareness of system development lifecycle, project planning and organization, project control and contingency planning skills.
- Demonstrates high levels of self motivation and initiative and is comfortable in a high paced, get it done environment.
- Solid potential with personal interest to develop self and expand role within the organization.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Computer Science, Engineering, Business Administration, related field or equivalent professional work experience.
- Strong background in multiple functional areas ideally within a Distribution or Manufacturing environment.
- AS400/IBM iSeries ERP package development experience is required
- RPG Development experience is required
- Experience in Business Intelligence and Integration tools is a plus
- Willing to travel when required.
- Design, develop, and implement RPG development tasks and other business process optimization projects and solutions that ultimately drive business value and improved user productivity.
- Provide user support for Production issues.
- Collaborate with the user community to design, develop, and implement technology solutions across multiple business functions that positively impact the bottom line.
An Equal Opportunity Employer