Regular Full Time
Monday - Friday
Responsibilities / Essential Functions:
The Patient Service Representative provides total medical office support including check-in, check-out and medical records functions. Manage the reception of patients within the office and by telephone. Obtains patient insurance and demographic information, collects co-pays, schedules new and return appointments including treatments or tests, pre-certify any test or admission as required by insurance, monitor and distribute inbound and outbound documentation whether electronic or paper format.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Answers the telephones and greets patients in a courteous, efficient manner. Routes messages to appropriate discipline.
- Conducts patient check-in and check-out process. Obtains pre-patient registration, demographic and insurance information and enters appropriately into Patient Management System (PM) or Electronic Health Record (EHR).
- Collects co-payments at time of service and manages daily cash receipts.
- Registers new patients in Patient Management System (PM), ensuring all information is complete prior to scheduling.
- Schedules patient appointments, tests and admissions.
- Performs tasks related to Governmental, Insurance and Quality Initiative Programs: Ensures communication is distributed to patients regarding program details, Generates and distributes to patient a Clinical Summary from Electronic Health Record (EHR), Manages inbound and outbound Transitions of Care, Communicates information regarding Patient Portal and assists with registration process, Monitors Direct Messaging in Electronic Health Record (EHR)
- Completes pre-certification process for all diagnostic tests, procedures and admissions as required by the insurance, utilizing online insurance company portals when applicable.
- Reviews Billing Grid to determine billable and non-billable items and completes paperwork for patients on Clinical Trials
- Prepares the Electronic Health Record (EHR) for review by Clinical Staff. Obtains necessary records prior to patient's appointment.
- Monitors and routes inbound and outbound faxes.
- Opens and distributes mail as required.
- Electronically scans appropriate patient related records into the Electronic Health Record (EHR).
- Distributes outbound correspondence or copies of records as necessary.
- Completes process for Request for Medical Records.
- Demonstrates excellent customer service. Responds promptly to patient, physician and clinical requests.
- Communicates to other staff members using Instant Messaging System.
•Ability to work productively and effectively in a fast paced environment.
Qualifications & Requirements:
• High school graduate or equivalent with GED.
- Previous Medical Office experience.
- Strong computer skills including Windows file management and MS Office, and e-mail experience.
- Electronic Medical Records experience preferred.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent customer service skills.
•Able to travel to satellite clinics when necessary