Auto req ID:
Director - Brand Marketing & Community Engagement
Harley-Davidson Motor Company
Full or Part-Time:
We are paving more roads to Harley-Davidson by developing exhilarating new products, creating broader access to our iconic brand, and building a stronger dealer network. We can’t do it without the best and brightest. Step one of this strategic acceleration is adding talent who can blow the doors wide open with innovation and creativity while staying true to the Harley-Davidson brand and legacy. We are focused on the next 115 years. Are you in?
We are looking for a proven marketing leader for the newly-created Director of Brand Marketing and Community Engagement to lead the brand content team; which consists of social, public relations, racing, TV, influencers/celebrities, and HOG magazine. The ideal candidate has a keen desire for not only Harley-Davidson, but for growing ridership by means of incredible storytelling coupled with data-driven instincts and trend analysis. This leader will amplify the H-D brand and develop a high-impact integrated marketing strategy by partnering with both the creative and experiential teams to leverage our collective efforts in order to provide high engagement content.
Most importantly, the Director of Brand Marketing, Business will be a provider of support and vision for the team and develop close relationships with the leadership team across Brand, Brand Operations, Sales, and Communications. There is a strong need for experience growing and engaging audiences across multiple platforms by means of a variety of mediums in order to support our brand strategy while understanding how to program unique content that enriches the community and tribe of HD and creates FOMO for those who haven’t yet joined.
For consideration, candidates must have a demonstrated track record as a creative, strategic, and analytical leader who can work collaboratively with internal teams & partners in a highly dynamic environment. Our social platforms will be a critical area of focus in 2020, and so the candidate must be a creative brand storyteller with deep experience in all social media platforms, while also being a strategist who understands how to create compelling programs that grow brand mentions, impressions, engagement and positive sentiment in addition to the dynamics of brand reputation and community management at a high-growth company.
This position reports directly to the GM of Brand Marketing.
- Lead overall development of integrated brand marketing plans in conjunction with creatives, media strategy, the newsroom and other cross-functional partners
- Create insight-driven creative briefs that inspire emotionally resonant creative work
- Lead strategic conversations around brand and business strategy, creative concepts and marketing strategy and execution
- Lead the day-to-day of brand campaign development, ensuring a link between the brand strategy, the creative idea and the final executions. Actively guide the development of the campaign creative execution and ensure that all campaign elements maximally contribute to achieving KPIs
- Participate as an influencer in other creative projects that require strategic framing (value proposition, guiding principles, messaging hierarchy, audience insights) to ensure continuity from strategy to execution
- Develop creative, strategic brand-building content programs through influencers and ambassadors
- Demonstrated track record of great leadership, management, and coaching
- Extraordinary interpersonal and communication skills, cultivator of collaboratively working relationships with teams across an organization and “uplifting others”
- Inspires creative thinking and a “make it happen” mindset at all levels within their organization
- Forward-thinking, analytical and problem-solving mindset, drawn to building off ambiguous and unsolved problems
- Lead the content team to best in class success by inspiring and coordinating disparate workstreams and approaches
- Leads Global social strategy and owns the long lead social content calendar
- Identifies opportunities for audience and traffic growth in existing global social channels run from the US
- Establishes guidelines and best practices across social channels
- Leads reporting & metrics for social channels and defines success metrics/KPIs
- Evaluates social analytics and other tools for audience engagement and other KPIs
- Tracks and reports on KPIs and provides actionable insights requirements
A bachelor's degree in Marketing or a related field is required. An MBA is preferred.
This role typically requires 12 or more years in consumer marketing with world-class brands that tell inspiring and engaging stories in a multi-channel environment. Digital Marketing experience required, brand or agency side. In addition:
Requires a track record of scaling engagement and traffic at scale in social
Detail oriented, with the ability to proactively follow-up on projects and see them through to completion; ability to juggle multiple tasks and prioritize and manage effectively against deadlines
Ability to solve problems and stay calm, positive, and productive in high-pressure situations
Demonstrated strong organizational skills, with a history of anticipating potential problems
Excellent writing, editing, verbal presentation skills and poise in a leadership role
Partner with Consumer Insights and analytics teams to turn consumer research into actionable insights, develop plans for how we will measure our marketing and analyze results for campaign optimization
A deep understanding of, and extensive experience in brand communications
Solid skills in core areas of business and brand strategy, insights and research, media and communications planning
Experience marketing entertainment properties such as podcasts or tv shows a plus
The ability to excel at both a strategic and executional level
We offer an inclusive compensation package for all full-time salaried employees including, but not limited to, annual bonus programs, health insurance benefits, a 401k program, onsite fitness centers and employee stores, employee discounts on products and accessories, and more. We believe that employees do their best work when they are free to be themselves. This means our dress code is relaxed, and all types of work styles are welcomed.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
10 - 25%
This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship
This position is eligible for domestic relocation assistance (within posted country)