FOCUSED POST ACUTE CARE PARTNERS
JOB TITLE: Activity Director
REPORTS TO: ADMINISTRATOR
To develop and provide a comprehensive holistic resident wellness program that meets the individual interests and capabilities of the resident population. Activities will encompass the body
(physical) mind (cognitive) spirit, and social engagement dimensions. To assure resident safety
- Qualified Therapeutic Recreation Specialist or Activities Professional licensed in Texas and eligible for certification as a Therapeutic Recreation Specialist, Therapeutic Recreation
Assistant, or Activity Professional recognized by an accrediting body (National Council for
Therapeutic Recreation Certification); or
- 2 years of experience in a social or recreational program within the last 5 years, one of which was full-time in a patient activities program in a health care setting; or
- Has completed an Activity Director training course approved by any state or able to obtain activity director certification within six months of hire.
- Completes annual education requirements per the licensure/ certification.
- Ability to understand, remember and carry out oral and written instructions in English.
- Ability to speak clearly and hear well enough to communicate effectively.
- Ability to create, physically participate and conduct the programs on the Wellness
- Ability to work with physically disabled and chronically ill individuals of all ages
- Ability to remain tactful, pleasant and friendly when working with residents, guests, co- workers and the community
- Ability to identify signs/symptoms of a change of condition in the residents such as fatigue, irritability, level of alertness
- Ability to complete resident evaluations, assessments and documentation in a timely manner.
- Advocates daily on behalf of all residents to ensure that their rights are maintained.
- Reports abuse, neglect or exploitation per State reporting guidelines.
- Maintains professional boundaries with facility residents and maintains a positive and professional rapport with facility interdisciplinary team, volunteers and community.
- Consistently abides by the National Certification Council for Activity Professionals Code of
- Completes Activity Evaluations with newly admitted residents within 14 days.
- Completes and utilizes information in the MDS Section F upon admission, upon change of condition and annually with all residents.
- Operates within a monthly budget and provides receipts to reflect all Activity expenses.
- Attends morning meetings, care plan meetings, quality assurance meetings, standards of care meetings and other meetings as necessary, confers with other facility personnel regarding the residents interests, needs and limitations as well as available resources and follows up on all Activity related issues discussed.
- Actively participates in positively marketing the facility in the community.
- Schedules multi-dimensional programs for the facility including physical movement, brain fitness, educational programs, entertainment programs, special events, group programs and spiritual services and coordinates programs with other departments in the facility.
- Actively recruits volunteers from the community, facilitates criminal history checks on all volunteers over the age of 18 who plan to provide one on one or in-room activities with the residents, provides orientation and support to new volunteers and shows recognition/appreciation to the volunteers.
- Uses tactful, appropriate work place behavior and communications in sensitive and emotional situations.
- Promotes positive public relations with patients, residents, family members and guests.
- As this job description is not intended to be all-inclusive, the employee is expected to perform other duties as assigned.
Have the ability to safely perform movements such as pushing, pulling, lifting, bending, kneeling, reaching and lifting up to 50 pounds with or without reasonable accommodations
As assigned, including some weekends, evenings and holidays; non-exempt position
JOB DESCRIPTION ACKNOWLEDGEMENT:
I understand this job description and its requirements and that I am expected to complete all duties as assigned
I have noted below any accommodations that are required to enable me to perform these duties.
I further understand that nothing in this job description restricts the facility’s right to assign or reassign duties at any time.
Team Member Signature Date
Team Member Name (please print)
Job Type: Full-time
- Activity Director: 1 year (Preferred)
- Long Term Care: 1 year (Preferred)