Kiewit Engineering Group, Inc is a full-service consulting and engineering firm serving oil and gas markets. Our combined staff of engineers and design professionals have expertise that spans all major engineering disciplines to serve midstream, refining, and midstream markets. Backed by 130 years of construction experience, our construction-driven engineering focuses on constructability and safety in the earliest phases of projects to ensure on-time and on-budget project delivery.
Our rapidly growing oil and gas team, which includes structural, civil, piping, mechanical, process, process safety, electrical, instrument and control disciplines, is a multi-faceted and leading-edge division of Kiewit with best-in-class technical expertise focused on the design-build delivery of dynamic process facilities.
We are an innovative team of engineers that supports projects throughout the company. Our staff leads and collaborates with Kiewit’s construction teams to approach construction-driven engineering with a focus on safe, cost effective, and innovative designs that achieve client expectations and further Kiewit’s legacy of excellence.
On our team, you’ll have the opportunity to see more, touch more, and do more than you ever imagined. Working hard will not only bring you satisfaction from a job well done, but it will help propel your career forward faster than you might expect. Kiewit’s culture encourages training, developing your skills, and tailoring your experience and knowledge to allow you to take on projects that impact millions across North and South America. With top-notch health benefits, a wealth-building 401k plan, and unbeatable growth opportunities, by joining Kiewit, you’re ensuring a lifetime of success.
- Performs basic calculations under the supervision of a more senior engineer. Seeks out more experienced engineer for guidance and expertise.
- Has solid foundation of understanding and ability to use technical knowledge.
- Reviews P&ID’s, develops datasheets, performs heat /material balance calculations, performs PSV calculations with guidance.
- Expand knowledge through training and work experience.
- Learn codes and standards to complete assignments.
- Perform non-routine technical assignments of limited scope.
- Perform tasks according to company procedure industry codes and regulations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering minimum required.
- 0-2 year minimum relevant experience in refining and petrochemical industry.
- Travel < 20% expected.
- Receives direction from more experienced engineer.
- Adjusts to varying demands of work and performs well.
- Communicates effectively orally and in writing. Present ideas clearly and in professional manner.
- Participates on teams effectively. Accepts direction from the team. Individually contributes to success of the team.
- Develops cooperative working relationships and open communication within and across groups, to work towards solutions that benefit all involved parties. Seeks expertise, advice and perspectives from a variety of sources.
- Consults with senior team members to receive direction for internal customers.
- Able to manage responsibilities and meet deadlines under supervision.
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2017 revenues of $8.7 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 22,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
- Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
- Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from Day One of employment
- 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of base pay
- Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
- We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.