Coordinates all aspects of the Drug Free Communities Coalition in Amado and effectively facilitate the planning and implementation of prevention project activities to achieve project goals and objectives. PPEP is looking for a temporary Prevention Coordinator. This will be a 3 month position.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Engage in community level capacity building activities (including public speaking, outreach events and other engagement strategies) to support Coalition development, growth and sustainability.
- Arrange and facilitate community meetings and manage meeting administrative duties.
- Facilitate planning with coalition members and coordinate activities to meet required deliverables.
- Works as a team, communicates effectively with staff, supervisors and community key stakeholders from diverse backgrounds, demonstrates cultural competency.
- Maintain supplies and all required documentation in an orderly manner.
- Schedule and collect information on Volunteers and donated In Kind time, services or goods.
- Maintain and manage petty cash for project. Participate in training, strategic planning and professional development activities as requested.
- Maintain workspace in a neat and organized manner.
- Maintains corporate confidence, keeps information confidential and in compliance with agency policies and procedures.
- Represents and presents professional appearance and demeanor.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
Bachelor’s Degree in human services related field and 2 years work experience in Community Organization or Coalition related work, or an Associate’s Degree in related field and 4 years of experience.
Twenty-one (21) years or older.
Valid Arizona driver’s license, 36 month MVR will be will be reviewed and approved by corporate auto insurer.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED:
Basic understanding of addiction as a disease and its impact on individuals, families and community.
Knowledgeable of proven prevention practices.
Ability to communicate effectively; both oral and written.
Ability to operate Windows Office 2010; Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher and OutLook.
Functional knowledge and skills in basic Social media (FaceBook, Twitter, Instagram).
Good document management and organizational skills.
Must be self-directed, responsible and possess good judgment and decision making skills with a solution-oriented perspective.
Must be able to see/read a computer monitor screen and have keyboarding abilities.
Must be able to lift up to 40lbs and engage in physical activity required for job to include set up and take down of meeting spaces, conducting outreach event logistics including stretching, reaching, bending, walking, lifting and carrying.
AMOUNT OF TRAVEL AND SPECIAL CONDITIONS OR REQUIREMENTS:
Must have reliable transportation, driver’s license, 36 month MVR and required minimum insurance. Must be able and willing to drive to and from community sites and travel between Amado and Tucson, AZ. Must possess or be able to obtain a level I AZ DPS Fingerprint Clearance card. Must be willing to work flexible hours including some evenings and weekends.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $17.50 - $19.00 per hour
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible