This position will specialize in the development and support of the company’s existing and new production database application infrastructure and production applications. The Developer will be responsible for administrating, analyzing, programming, documenting, debugging, database and related applications and testing applications in the development and QA environment. Strong emphasis on SQL Server Integration Services and Transact SQL. This person will be the primary SQL Developer.
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
This position will be an individual contributor to TFE Development Team and will work very closely with the infrastructure team and reporting to the Senior Developer.
Trinchero Family Estates focuses primarily on LOB (line of business) applications and focuses exclusively on Microsoft and SAP technologies.
- Well versed in all aspects of Microsoft SQL technologies, including but not limited to Database Engine, Analysis Services, Reporting Services, and Integration Services. Version 2008/2012/2014 required and 2016 preferred.
- Deploy database change scripts provided by third party vendors or the internal development team.
- When performance issues arise, determine the most effective way to increase performance including hardware purchases, server configuration changes, or index/query optimization.
- Continuously document the company’s database environment
- Expertise in SQL Development including design, planning, implementation and administration of complex databases.
- Strong understanding of the full development lifecycle.
- Maintain stored procedures, views, indexes, and other objects, including linked servers (DB2, MySQL).
- Provide SQL Development support to all IT departments.
- Design and implement ETL (extract, transform, load) processes including Integration Services packages.
- Contribute to the creation of SharePoint based SSRS reports.
- Strict adherence to standards and procedure and ability to contribute to the creation of new ones.
- Good knowledge of scripting (batch, PowerShell, etc).
- Experience in version control system such as Team Foundation and SQL Source Control.
- Knowledge and demonstrated usage of SSIS Design Patterns
- Knowledge of SSAS and development of cubes to be used for reporting and data visualization/dashboarding tools.
- Experience using SSIS parameters (Project level and Package Level)
- Demonstrated experience deploying packages to Integration Services Catalogs.
- Experience with Microsoft PowerBI Reporting Server and Gateway are preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in MIS, Computer Science, or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- 5+ years proven success as a database developer and/or DBA required.
- 5+ years proven technical experience with SQL, Transactional SQL, Stored Procedures, RDBMS.
- 5+ years proven technical experience with SQL Server 2008\2012\2014
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and communication skills.
- Able to comprehend and synthesize project requirements into a plan of action, facilitating the agreement of managers and co-workers on project needs through discussion, training and hands-on demonstration.
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected - Ability to work well both independently and in a team, collaborating with developers, and mentoring those who wish to learn.
- Detail oriented multi-tasker with strong organizational skills. – Self starting position to a large degree.
- Ability to work with confidential information on a regular basis.
- Accuracy, attention to detail, and the ability to follow through.
- Must have good organizational skills and the ability to follow-through on projects with minimal supervision.
Extensive computer work
May be required to work at any of TFE's locations
Frequent deadline pressures
Numerous projects in progress at any given time
Comply with company safety regulations
Trinchero Family Estates provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Trinchero Family Estates complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.