We are a well-established CPA firm located in Potomac, MD with steady growth every year. Our firm has provided quality accounting, tax, auditing and financial service to our clients for over fifty years. We are looking for a self-motivated individual with 3-5 years’ experience in public accounting with tax preparation experience to join our team.
· Prepare Federal & State tax returns for Individuals, Corporations, Partnerships, Trusts, Estates, Non-Profits, etc.
· Respond to inquiries from clients and any applicable tax authorities in a timely manner.
· Bookkeeping for small to medium size businesses.
· Maintain confidentiality regarding client matters.
· Communicate with business owners and their internal accounting and tax departments to ensure delivery of exceptional client service.
· Research and consult with management on various client-related tax matters.
· Strengthen existing client relationships and develop new business opportunities.
· Recommend tax strategies and solutions based on understanding clients’ businesses.
· Perform other duties as assigned or required.
· BS/BA in Accounting or related field, CPA candidate preferred.
· Experienced in tax return preparations.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills.
· Well organized and able to multi-task.
· Able to meet deadlines with a sense of urgency and work additional hours to meet deadlines.
· Demonstrate the ability to work both independently and within a team environment.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office suite, as well as accounting software.
· Proficient in QuickBooks (desktop and online).
This is a salaried position with the opportunity for bonuses. Compensation is commensurate with experience. We have a great working environment with great benefits, opportunities for advancement and modified summer hours (our office closes at noon on Fridays after the April tax deadline through November 30th).
If interested, please submit your resume. We are a close-knit firm and look forward to adding a well-qualified individual to the team.
Job Type: Full-time
- Public Accounting: 1 year (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture