Accounting Intern Job Description
To be a strong candidate for an Accounting Internship, you should possess an understanding of accounting and financial principles and a positive attitude. You should be collaborative, trustworthy, receptive to feedback, and eager to learn.
Accounting Intern Responsibilities:
- Assisting with research, filing, data entry, and recording and maintaining accurate and complete financial records.
- Preparing financial reports, such as balance sheets and income statements, invoices, and other documents.
- Working with bookkeeping software.
- Handling sensitive or confidential information with honesty and integrity.
- Learning how to work as part of the Accounting team to compile and analyze data, track information, and support the company or clients.
- Taking on additional tasks or projects to learn more about accounting and office operations.
Accounting Intern Requirements:
- Must be a recent graduate or actively working towards a Bachelor’s or Master’s in Accounting.
- Satisfactory completion of introductory accounting courses and a basic understanding of accounting and financial principles.
- Some companies may require a GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Aptitude for math, proficiency with computers.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- High level of efficiency, accuracy, and responsibility.
- Motivation and strong desire to take on new challenges and learn as much as possible.
Job Type: Internship
- Accounting: 1 year (Preferred)
- Balance Sheets: 1 year (Preferred)