The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every day we use our exceptional skills and experiences to create, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with perfection, and create incredible products. We provide the resources, inspiration, and focus. You bring the passion and courage to dream big and build a better tomorrow for everyone.
Do you have a passion and dream to be a difference maker? Are you looking for a growth opportunity where you can contribute to a very important mission? Come and be part of our team in the dynamic world of Lockheed Martin Space. You will perform as a member of a team in the role of a Manufacturing Engineer supporting manufacturing operations within our Sunnyvale, California location. This role will require you to be organized with exceptional attention-to-detail skills. You will collaborate with manufacturing engineers, technicians, and other key essential team members supporting manufacturing. Individuals in this role typically have 2 years of professional experience, can work independently or collaboratively as part of a team, and are self-starters with the ability to think and be dedicated in their efforts.
Summary of Key Duties for this position:
- You drive manufacturing processes design, procedures and production layouts for assemblies, equipment installation, processing, machining and material handling we use in the production process.
- You outline sequence of operations and specify procedures we use for the fabrication of tools and equipment and other functions that affect product performance.
- You assist with design/manufacturing factors to include equipment or part availability, manufacturability, ease of assembly, weight and cost, and the maintaining of all assembly documentation.
- You troubleshoot/correct anomalies and discrepant hardware.
- You work with others to establish development, verification, and qualification test requirements, implement test programs, and evaluate the results.
- You provide inter-organizational and outside customer contacts on routine matters and project statuses.
- You specify solutions to a variety of technical problems of moderate scope and complexity.
- Possess the willingness and ability to work extended hours and weekends when required to support production demand.
Bachelors degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 2 years of professional experience; or no experience required with a related Masters degree. Considered experienced, but still a learner.
Benefits of Employment:
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin champions an inclusive work environment that urges differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
- Paid time off
- Work/life balance
- Career development
- Mentorship opportunities
- Rewards & recognition
- Familiarity with mechanical manufacturing and mechanical assembly / processes.
- Understand mechanical engineering drawings and bill of materials.
- Familiarity with composite design.
- Familiar with GD&T.
- Able to work in a team environment with good organizational / presentation skills.
- Autoclave and oven operation experience
- Knowledge of composite design principles.
- Knowledge of CNC and conventional machining and machine shop theory.
- Knowledge of CAD/CAM software packages such as I-DEAS, Creo (Pro-E), and Mastercam.
- Knowledge of SAP and VE CAMS software.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.