In an effort to notify our employees of current job openings, we are announcing the following job opening(s).
Multi-line Packaging Operator A Positions Available: Department: North Plant Packaging
3rd (11 p.m.-7 a.m.) , varies based upon production needs
Reporting to a supervisor, the Multi-line Packaging Operator operates multiple lines of automated equipment.
- Operates automated packaging and palletizing equipment
- Sets-up equipment and performs daily inspections and makes minor adjustments to the equipment as necessary.
- Samples packaged product, to verify if meets specifications.
- Identifies non-conformance events and takes appropriate actions.
- Performs manual tasks such as hand stacking product.
- Periodically weighs product packages to ensure weight specifications are met.
- Inspects supplies such as bags, super-sacks and pallets to ensure useable quality and quantity levels are present and to inventory levels.
- Operates forklift to move material.
- Interacts with the computer systems for compliance and reporting.
- Input environmental, production and shipping records utilizing the CMS, AS400, spreadsheets and/or hand written paper reports.
- Keeps areas clean and free of clutter.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must meet the assessment requirements for this position.
- Must be able to use technology to evaluate/communicate the status of the process/product.
- Must be able to understand all safety requirements and other communications.
- Must be able to visually differentiate between products and be able to hear warning alarms.
- Must be able to read and understand bill of lading.
- Must be able to efficiently interact with and use computer systems.
- Must be able to comprehend and follow quality management system.
- Must be able to stand for the duration of the shift
- Must be able to lift 60 pounds frequently—duration off shift if necessary.
- Bending, reaching, twisting, stooping, walking, and climbing stairways and ladders frequently
- Must be able to climb ladders over 100 feet.
- Must be able to talk and hear radio communications as well as phone.
1. Position Summary
1.1. Packaging Operator A-Auto Multi-line operates multiple lines of automated packaging equipment or major component, such as, slurry equipment.
2. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
2.1. Operates automated packaging, bulk-bagging, palletizing or slurry equipment
2.2. If required, prepares and/or applies additives to the products, monitors results for compliance and takes appropriate action.
2.3. Sets-up equipment, performs daily inspections, and makes minor adjustments to the equipment as necessary.
2.4. Ensures the process safely drives quality and production to standards/targets.
2.5. Samples packaged product to verify it meets specifications.
2.6. Identifies non-conformance events, documents event, and takes appropriate actions.
2.7. Performs manual tasks such as hand stacking product.
2.8. Periodically weighs product packages to ensure weight specifications are met.
2.9. Inspects supplies such as bags, bulk bags and pallets to ensure useable quality and quantity levels are present and to inventory levels.
2.10. Operates forklift to load trailers and/or move material. (Only if assigned, properly trained, and training documented)
2.11. Interacts with the computer systems for compliance, reporting, and machine set-up.
2.12. Input environmental, safety, production, maintenance, and shipping data utilizing the CMMS, QMS, AS/400, spreadsheets and/or hand written paper reports.
2.13. Spot, set-up, load and move bulk trucks. (Only if assigned, properly trained and, training documented)
2.14. Spot, set-up, load and move bulk railcars. (Only if assigned, properly trained, and training documented)
2.15. Observes all safety rules, regulation, and precautions.
2.16. Keeps areas clean and free of clutter.
2.17. Performs other duties as assigned.
Post Dates:10/25/2017-10/30/2017 Plant:
- Applicants with no Packaging Operator A experience at Oil-Dri will start at the Packaging Operator B level.
Teammates must be in good
standing. Employees who have the
necessary qualifications to include skills testing and would like to be
considered for the above job (s), sign in the spaces provided:
- Hire Rate: $16.51 Job Rate: $18.09
- With No Previous Packaging Operator A –Auto Multi-line Experience: Hire Rate: $15.07 Job Rate: $16.32