Instacart is building the best way for people anywhere in the world to shop for groceries. Since Instacart started in 2012, we've launched same-day delivery in 200 US markets. We are laser focused on delivering groceries from your favorite stores right to your door. We now cover over 60% of US households and aim to have 80% coverage by the end 2018—that's 90 million households! From a technology point of view, the platform is complex, rapidly scaling and processing millions of transactions in real-time all of the time. Our technology coupled with operational expertise enables Instacart to deliver fresh groceries in as little as an hour. This is a difficult problem to master and we are making it happen. Every day, we solve incredibly hard problems to create an experience for our customers that is absolutely magical.
What You'll Be Doing
- Working with a small cross-functional product team to design better ways to meet the on-demand grocery needs of our customers
- Finding answers to design challenges no other company has solved before
- Helping define our product strategy and roadmap
- Interviewing customers to get essential feedback to identify issues and improve future versions of Instacart
- Collaborating with the entire design team to create a cohesive and magical consumer product experience for responsive web, iOS and Android platforms
What You Should Already Have
- 5+ years designing exceptional experiences with a portfolio that showcases your ability to move fluidly between user experience design, interface design and visual design
- A passion for design and continual experimentation, iteration and optimization
- Proven experience creating wireframes, prototypes and UI specs and the flexibility and willingness to move from idea to whiteboard to execution quickly
- Ability to make sound design decisions with qualitative and quantitative data as well as know how to acquire the data.
- A thorough understanding of web responsive, as well as native iOS and Android platforms
- A strong visual aesthetic and experience designing within brand guidelines and design systems as well as collaborating with the design team to evolve those guidelines and systems to move Instacart's products in new and bold directions
- A strong sense of ownership
- You're really interested in making stuff. Period.
What We'll Set You Up With
- Talented and collaborative coworkers who will both push and support you
- Personal growth plans that let you stretch yourself or grow in new directions
- Market competitive salary, equity
- Medical, dental, vision benefits and 401(k) retirement plan
- Great office in downtown SF
- Take what you need vacation ( and we really mean it )
- 16 weeks maternity leave / 8 weeks paternity leave so you can truly bond with your child