BorderX Lab is the creator of the Beyond Fashion and Beauty Discovery Marketplace launched in 2014. We connect Chinese shoppers to official websites of brands and merchants including Saks, Bloomingdales, Everlane, Finish Line and Alexander Wang. Through our direct partnerships with major US and European fashion + beauty brands we guarantee our users receive authentic products at authentic prices. For brands we provide a turn-key solution to China localization and logistics. BorderX Lab has offices in Silicon Valley and Shanghai.
We are seeking a self-motivated Staff Accountant to join our Finance team.
- Assist in monthly close to ensure compliance with US GAAP and local statutory requirements.
- Prepare monthly commissions and monthly Sales revenue reports & associated Journal Entries.
- Be in charge of the full cycle of accounts receivables and monthly cash spending report.
- Process employee expense reimbursement reports to ensure compliance with company policies.
- Reconcile Balance sheet accounts and verify departmental expenses, project costing, and inter-company transactions.
- Ad-hoc projects and tasks as needed.
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience and Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
- Experience working in fast paced Start-up is preferred.
- Strong working knowledge of U.S GAAP; experience in managing large scale and global accounting and finance processes.
- Experience with Quickbooks and major ERP systems such as NetSuite, Intaact, Oracle or SAP is a plus.
- Ability to work in the US without sponsorship.
- Fluency in Mandarin Chinese (written and verbal) is a plus.
You will thrive in the role if
- Confident, have a can-do attitude, able to interact professionally with all levels of employees.
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Excellent and professional written and verbal communication skills.
- Passionate about cross-border E-commerce.
What we offer
- Be a part of diverse and awesome team.
- Grow your expertise and career in a sustainable hyper-growth startup.
- Health Benefits: Medical, Vision, and Dental.
- Flexible working schedule.
- Learn how to execute in an international startup (Silicon Valley and Shanghai offices).
- Walking distance to Sunnyvale Caltrain Station and to downtown restaurants.
Connect US and European brands with Chinese consumers with our mobile marketplace app: Beyond (http://www.borderxlab.com/product) through data-driven marketing technology. BorderX Lab was co-founded by three Google alumni with serious entrepreneurial experience and is headquartered in Silicon Valley. We are currently in a very high-growth mode and laser-focused on customer optimization.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.