Chief Medical Officer (CMO) - Lakeview Hospital - Bountiful, UT(Job Number: 00068-41645)
United States-Utah-Bountiful-Lakeview Hospital
Bountiful, UT 84010
Size of Hospital:
It’s one thing to say that you’re better, but it’s another thing altogether to demonstrate that you are. Lakeview Hospital in Davis County is proud of our track record of excellence in patient care. Our delivery of high-quality care is consistent, as proven by the quality performance and recognition we receive year after year. Here is a list of recent accomplishments and awards received from third-party quality agencies within the healthcare industry:
- Recognized among the nation’s 100 Top Hospitals® for six years in a row and eight years total (Truven Health Analytics 2013 - 2016). That means Lakeview is one of the 20 best small community hospitals nationwide.
- Only hospital in Utah named among America’s 100 Best Hospitals™ in Joint Replacement and Orthopedic Surgery – for five consecutive years (Healthgrades 2013-2017).
- Earned the Joint Replacement Excellence Awards for five years in a row, which ranks this hospital among the top five percent in the nation (Healthgrades 2013-2017).
- Achieved recognition for Overall Orthopedic Services four consecutive years, ranking it among the top five percent in the nation (Healthgrades 2014-2017).
- Atrial Fibrillation, Chest Pain Center and Heart Failure Accreditations (Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care 2016). Fourth consecutive year for Chest Pain Center Accreditation.
- Achieved the Outstanding Patient Experience Award™ four years in a row, ranking it among the Top five percent in the nation for patient safety (Healthgrades 2014-2016).
- Achieved the Orthopedic Surgery Excellence Award™ four years in a row (Healthgrades 2013-2016).
- Ranked among the Top 5 percent in the nation for Orthopedic Surgery (Healthgrades 2013-2016).
- Earned the Patient Safety Excellence Award™ (Healthgrades 2014-2016).
- Earned the Joint Replacement Excellence Award™ (Healthgrades 2013-2017).
- Ranked among the top 5 percent in the nation for Joint Replacement (Healthgrades 2013-2016).
- Earned an "A" in the Hospital Safety Grades (Leapfrog Group), four times in a row.
- Recognized with the Spine Surgery Excellence Award™ (Healthgrades 2015).
- Ranked among the top 5 percent in the nation for Spine Surgery (Healthgrades 2015).
- Achieved the Get With The Guidelines® - Stroke Gold Plus Award (American Stroke Association 2015).
- Certified as a Stroke Receiving Facility by the Utah Department of Health.
- Advanced Certification in Total Hip and Total Knee Replacement by The Joint Commission.
The Facility Chief Medical Officer leads clinical and quality initiatives that support the provision of consistent clinical performance and practice standards across the hospital; facilitates the analysis of quality performance and prioritization improvement opportunities; provides senior level leadership to the infection control, risk management, safety, and medical staff credentialing functions ensuring the collaboration and coordination of all stakeholders in these processes; and consults on an array of issues involving physicians.
Promotes Physician Alignment between HCA-Affiliated Physicians and HCA Hospital and Corporate Leadership by:
Leading clinical performance expectations that support the goals of consistent clinical performance and practice standards across the facility to ensure superior clinical outcomes and unparalleled patient experience.
Working with Hospital Chief Medical Officers, Chief Executive Officers, Medical Staffs, and Boards of Directors, to improve the functionality and effectiveness of the hospital medical staff organization
Partnering and collaborating with medical staffs and hospital management teams, facilitating teamwork and shared goals. Representing medical staff viewpoints to management and relaying management viewpoints to medical staff by establishing and maintaining mutually beneficial relationships between HCA leadership and community and/or employed physicians.
Provides clinical support and consultation regarding cost effective clinical resource management in the facilities by sharing of reports and recommendations regarding how to reduce the variable cost per case while maintaining and enhancing clinical effectiveness.
Creating an environment of quality and cost improvement that is data driven and develops systems to review utilization of resources and objectively measure outcomes of care in the inpatient and outpatient settings.
Serving as a direct liaison between HCA affiliated physicians and facility, and corporate clinical services functions.
Establishing and maintaining an ongoing program to orient and develop management expertise for Hospital Chiefs of Staff, Medical Executive Committees, and other medical staff leaders by providing oversight and leadership for all medical education programs.
Leading educational sessions and providing ongoing in service to facility medical staff regarding clinical resource management, appropriate documents standards, utilization and quality issues, and quality improvement activities in collaboration with the chief of staff or other clinical leadership in the facility.
Assembling regional physician advisory panels to provide ongoing feedback to HCA senior management and serves as a liaison between these committees and facility, and corporate leadership as well as to the affiliated physicians.
Serving as spokesperson to HCA hospitals and affiliated physicians to explain and obtain buy in for, corporate, group, and facility, sponsored clinical initiatives.
Collaborating on a day to day basis with other facility and corporate Chief Medical Officers.
Educating physicians on HCA clinical technologies.
Collaborating with HPG and Supply Chain on formulary and supply opportunities.
Education & Experience:
Doctor of Medicine (MD) or Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine (DO), Required
Master's degree in business or related field, Preferred
10+ years of experience in clinical practice, Preferred
Experience as a CMO (or equivalent) in a large, complex hospital or regional health system, Required
Additional education and coursework in management and business, Preferred
Licenses, Certifications, & Training:
Board Certified Physician, Required
State medical board licensed, Required