Americold provides temperature-controlled warehousing and transportation to food producers, restaurants, schools and retail outlets such as grocery stores. We're proud to provide an essential link in the food and beverage industry supply chain, and to play our part in ensuring families across the US and overseas can sit down together to eat.
Based in Atlanta, Georgia, Americold owns and operates 155+ temperature-controlled warehouses in the United States, Australia, New Zealand, China, Argentina, and Canada. In North America we have over 11,000 associates and offer a wide variety of employment opportunities - from warehouse forklift operators and supervisors to accounting, customer support, engineering, transportation, and technology solutions positions.
Under supervision of the Warehouse Supervisor the Repack Line Operator will tend machines to prepare consumer products for storage or shipment. Monitor speed and accuracy of work in repack area.
- Perform pre-shift set up of product
- Turn on equipment for set up and operation
- Check for accuracy of dates on all products
- Perform frequent quality checks of product
- Perform minimum mechanical duties
- Keep product flowing both components and finished product
- Provide training to new associates for line worker position
- Backup to line workers in their absence on the line
- Provide accurate documentation and complete required paperwork.
- Promote a safe work environment through personal actions
- Identify any safety concerns, as well as cost saving opportunities
- Clear work area of loose cardboard and plastic. Sweep work area as needed
- Other duties as requested
Qualifications & Experience:
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- 1 year work experience in warehouse environment
- Ability to read and understand safety rules, operating instructions, and procedure manuals
- Ability to communicate with supervisor and other employees
- Strong leadership and teamwork skills
- Ability to read numbers and labels
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide
- Must be able to relate to other people beyond giving and receiving instructions: they must get along with co-workers without exhibiting behavioral extremes; perform work activities requiring reasoning, negotiating, instructing, persuading, or speaking with others; and respond appropriately to criticism from a supervisor
- Tools and Technology: Repack Line Equipment
While performing the essential functions of this job, the associate is required to constantly function in a cold environment. The associate is frequently required to lift up to 60 lbs.; stand; handle objects; sit; use close vision. The associate is occasionally required to bend, twist, kneel, climb and hear. Reasonable accommodations may be made for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Americold is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
EOE/AA M/F/D/V DFW.