Be a part of the Subway®Group – the world’s largest quick service restaurant franchisor and recognized leader in the Quick Service industry. With more than 44,400 restaurants in over 113 countries we continue to add talent to our team at our global headquarters in Milford, Connecticut.
The Territory Director will lead an assigned group of individuals to work closely with franchisees to implement strategies and process designed to enable franchisee business performance and achieve company targets. This will be accomplished by analyzing the overall performance of all restaurants in the territory to either add more restaurants, relocate, transfer ownership, or consolidation. Coach Subway franchise owners to operate within Subway standards and policy. As well as building a team for the future.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Development of Shops: With the territory effectively manage and execute Franchise Development: sell franchises to existing and potential franchisees, screen candidates, conduct franchises sales seminars, follow up on lead list, distribute disclosure documents. Meet with existing owners to discuss goals and future development plans, assists in reaching owners goals.
- Identify locations, contact landlords, negotiate terms of leases and liability, measure sites, prepare offers, complete site evaluations, and submit all required documents to DAI for approval and processing.
- Ensure the team is using the necessary and required tools to ensure site location is completed properly. Review leases to improve terms and liability for stores up for renewal and for leases in mid-term. Review sites requiring relocations. Assist Franchisees with the Design and Construction phase of development. Complete all required documents to receive completed floor plans and order equipment for all new locations. Work with franchisees to ensure their understanding and approval in the process. Assist Field Consultants teams in the process.Writing job postings
- Building Sales and Profits: Oversees operational standards and objectives territory: resolves outstanding operational issues, improves levels of operational excellence, conducts franchisee meetings, communicates and ensures training on new initiatives are taking place, and ensures consistent communicating is taking place within assigned territory. Review store evaluations monthly and communicate information back to the staff for improvement as needed. Work with Country Director and Director of Company Territories to ensure operational excellence is taking place within assigned territory. Maintaining and providing weekly recruitment metrics.
- Building Team: Coach and Lead the Territory Team: Strategize in territory goals for all direct and indirect territory staff members.To include but not limited to store operations, store profitability, sales building, marketing, restaurant design and relocations, equipment ordering, leasing and franchises sales. Develop and provide education through training materials that will enhance and support the education and improvement of the staff and franchisee operations within the territory. Complete related HR duties as assigned including employee development, performance evaluations, performance plans, corrective action and interviewing new hire candidates with the support of HR Team and Director of Company Territories.
- Building Relationships: Develop good working relationships with landlords, vendor partners, territory staff, FWH staff and franchisees. Attend all SFAFT meetings to assists in supporting both the franchisees, managers, and employees with regard to Company goals and initiatives. Provide guidance to franchisees to grow within the team. Build Territory Relations by communicating with the franchisees via voicemail, email territory meetings individual franchise meetings and written communications. Ass FWH staff, as needed.
The successful candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration preferred.
- 5+ years of franchise development of multi-units in regards to P&L, inventory, and in a franchise organization/culture.
- 5+ years of management experience leading a team of 6 or more including training coaching which strong leadership and communication skills. Excellent communication skills
- Extensive Travel may be required. Willingness to relocate on a permanent basis if / when necessary. Must be able to lift 50 lbs. Good driving record. Software proficiency: MS applications such as Outlook, Excel, Word, Power Point etc. and email and basic PC knowledge. Experience with writing job descriptions
- Working knowledge of ATS, UltiPro a plus.
Job Type: Full-time
- Management: 5 years (Required)