Our Exciting Work Environment
Just 75 miles from the bustle of Washington, D.C., Shenandoah National Park is a popular escape to recreation and re-creation. The panoramic vistas along the historic Skyline Drive, a designated “National Scenic Byway,” are among the area’s most popular attractions.
Delaware North operates the lodging, food and beverage, retail services and activities inside the park.
The Accounting Manager will oversee a variety of accounting functions including (but not limited to) performing financial reporting, closing the books, consolidating financial results, reviewing reports, and performing Accounts Payable invoice approvals. Additionally, the Accounting Manager will work with the Subsidiary /Business Unit leadership and Global Business Services (Corporate Accounting) to continuously improve efficacy handoffs or transitions of work.
Strategic Leadership/ Management
Decision Making/ Authority
- Manages the accounting function at the business unit, including direct supervision of business unit accounting and cash room personnel and review/approval of reports
- Manages the business unit accounting team in the administration of internal controls and audits of policies and procedures to ensure compliance
- Executes strategies and standards related to accounting policy, financial reporting, general ledger maintenance, budgeting, and financial systems and controls
- Manages the monthly, quarterly, and annual accounting close processes for the business unit
- Provides leadership, coaching, and/or mentoring to business unit finance and accounting personnel
- Administers annual performance reviews for direct reports
- Translates strategy into operational goals and objectives
- Supports annual plan and projection process for business unit, provides insightful review of year-over-year changes and recommends areas of focus to improve operating margins
- Leads or assists with ad hoc analyses of the finances and prepares reports to facilitate decision making
Continuous Process Improvement
- Ensure timely and high-quality delivery of accounting services
- Manage or assist with all financial and reporting functions for the unit including accounting, payroll, annual plan, audit assistance and cash management
- Perform a variety of complex accounting tasks, applying accepted procedures to the preparation and maintenance of accounting and other records
- In conjunction with other on-site leadership, provide unit management with financial analysis of the operation
- Identify Delaware North client exceptions to the standard Accounting processes and identify, in conjunction with business unit leadership, ways to gradually shift client’s expectations towards Delaware North’s standard practices
- Work closely with Global Business Services to continuously improve efficacy handoffs or transitions of work
- Responsible for analyzing and reporting variances and driving month-end accounting duties
- Oversee audit requirements and cash management
Collaboration and Research
- Work to maintain Service Level Agreements and build continuous improvement
- Collaborate with corporate functions across the board to ensure any required changes to policies, procedures, and processes are implemented
- Collaborate with data owners/stewards to align on process and data issues
- Respond to questions and make calls regarding invoicing discrepancy
Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Associate's degree in business related curriculum coupled with relevant prior accounting experience.
Prefer 3+ years of accounting experience including previous supervisory experience (cash management, inventory control and auditing experience a plus). Hospitality industry experience highly preferred.
Certification and Licenses:
Certified Public Accountant (CPA) Preferred.
Experience in supervising complex accounting teams.
Other Key Skills:
- Deep understanding of Finance and Accounting processes
- Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Expertise in driving continuous improvement and business process management
- Strong computer skills, including MS Office and PeopleSoft Financials or similar accounting software
- Understanding of how to drive effective performance management
- Facilitation, detailed collaboration, and effective communication
Who We Are
Take your career beyond the ordinary—to the extraordinary.
At Delaware North, you’ll love where you work, who you work with, and how your day unfolds. Whether it’s in sporting venues, casinos, airports, national parks, iconic hotels, or premier restaurants, there’s no telling where your career can ultimately take you. We empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of success, stability and growth. If you have drive and enjoy the thrill of making things happen - share our vision, grow with us.
Delaware North is one of the largest and most admired, privately-held hospitality companies in the world. Founded and owned by the Jacobs family for nearly 100 years, it is a global leader in hospitality and food service with operations in the sports, travel hospitality, restaurants and catering, parks, resorts, gaming and specialty retail industries. Delaware North has annual revenue exceeding $3 billion with 60,000 employee associates. To learn more, visit www.delawarenorth.com.
All applicants will be subject to a pre-employment background check and may be subject to a pre-employment drug test depending upon the position and/or client requirements.
Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Delaware North is an equal opportunity employer.