Instructors needed to teach the following courses – evenings, weekends and occasionally daytime hours.
Characteristics, Duties, and Responsibilities
- CompTIA Network +
- CompTIA A+ (Essentials) Hardware
- CompTIA A+ (Practical Applications) Software
- GED Test Preparation
- Graphic Design
- Microsoft Office Suite – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Project, Windows – in English and Spanish – daytime and evenings
- Patient Care Technician
- Pharmacy Technician
- Project Management
- Real Estate Sales
- Social Media
- Supply Chain Management
- Allied Health Programs including:
- Anatomy & Physiology – Daytime instructors needed
- ICD 10 Coding
- CPT 4 Coding
- Electronic Health Records (Spring Charts Software)
- Health Care Information, Storage and Retrieval
- Med iSOFT Software
- Medical Office Procedures
- Bachelor’s degree in related field required or an equivalent combination of education, industry certification and/or experience to demonstrate core competencies.
- Teaching experience preferred.
- Flexible schedule.
- Working with a diverse population.
Competencies and Skills Required
- Background experience in teaching the Continuing Education courses listed above.
- Quick Study
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- This position’s duties are normally performed in a typical interior/residence work environment, based on the activity scheduled.
- Some physical effort required; however, the employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- No or very limited exposure to physical risk.
- Some travel required.
If you are interested in proposing a new program for the Continuing Education department, please visit our web site at http://www.ucc.edu/nonCredit/Instructors.aspx and complete the new program template and return to our office.
Union County College is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and to maintaining an academic and work environment for students, faculty and staff which is conducive to the achievement of educational and career goals on the basis of ability and performance, and which is free of discrimination on the basis of race, sex, color, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, religion, or marital status.
Terms of Employment
Part Time. Continuing Education courses will be held on the Cranford, Elizabeth, and Plainfield campuses. Must be available during weekdays. Weekend and evening opportunities may occur.
Ability and willingness to travel on short notice to all on and off- campus sites as needed by the college. Employee must establish primary residency in New Jersey within one year of appointment unless an exemption applies.