Nuvance Health has a network of convenient hospital and outpatient locations — Danbury Hospital, New Milford Hospital, Norwalk Hospital and Sharon Hospital in Connecticut, and Northern Dutchess Hospital, Putnam Hospital Center and Vassar Brothers Medical Center in New York — plus multiple primary and specialty care physician practices locations, including The Heart Center, a leading provider of cardiology care, and two urgent care offices. Non-acute care is offered through various affiliates, including the Thompson House for rehabilitation and skilled nursing services, and the Home Care organizations.
Direct the finance, accounting and reporting function for the Foundations, as well as gift and endowment accounting functions.
- Analyzes financial data and present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner.
- Understands and communicates monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements; monitors progress and changes; coordinates forecast reports and expense/revenue budgets.
- Directs critical treasury function interacting daily to manage cash accounts and activity for Foundation endowment investment managers. Ensures that the financial reporting requirements for gifts and endowments related to the Foundations are met
- Manages all accounts, financial ledgers, and reporting systems ensuring compliance with appropriate GAAP standards and regulatory requirements
- Serves as a resource to Foundation management on technical matters relating to financial statements by keeping up to date with GAAP and UPMIFA.
- Works extensively with others to ensure consistency of gift accounting practices, and to ensure the efficient operation of the accounting function
- Develops, implements, and enforces accounting controls, internal policies and procedures to ensure accurate financial reporting, and develops new workflows and efficiencies as needed
- Creates, reviews, and recommends updates to the Foundations’ financial policies and procedures and assures their implementation
- Models financial stewardship in decision making and encourages others to be financial stewards
- Prepares external audit schedules including but not limited to gift contributions, pledges, net assets, and endowments as requested by the external auditors
- Coordinates the data collection and preparation of the required financial reporting schedules for the annual not-for-profit tax returns (990’s).
- Oversees financial/budget variance analysis, including timely reporting to Foundation teams
- Maintains banking, audit firm, and related third-party relationships
- Fulfills all compliance items for the position.
- Performs other duties as required or requested
Bachelor's Degree with a minimum of 7+ years job related experience. BA preferred in Accounting or Finance, with background in fundraising.
Danbury-24 Hospital Ave
- Little or no manual skills / motor coord & finger dexterity
- Sedentary/light effort. May exert up to 10 lbs. force
- Generally pleasant working conditions.
- Little or no potential for occupational risk
Nuvance Health and its affiliates are Section 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organizations and therefore eligible employees may qualify for forgiveness of certain federal student loans under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Qualified Applicants are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other classification protected under applicable Federal, State or Local law.
We will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of a qualified applicant with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If you believe you require such assistance to complete this form or to participate in an interview, please contact Human Resources at 203-739-7330 (for reasonable accommodation requests only). Please provide all information requested to assure that you are considered for current or future opportunities.