Silver Lining Design group is looking for a highly motivated and talented CNC router operator to produce high quality scenic, props and décor at for DC’s premiere event production company based in Rockville, Maryland.
- Assist production team in pricing custom builds
- Produce all custom fabrication projects utilizing the CNC Machine ( Materials such us PVC, Wood, Foam Core, Komatex, Mirror, Plexiglass, Sintra)
- Assist the design team in developing custom elements for event designs
- Research new production partners and products and maintain supplier relationship
- Setting, communicating and maintaining timeliness and priorities on every project and event, and modify art files for CNC Machine
- 2+ years experience operating a CNC and 3 axis milling machine
- Experience with Multicam 5000 a big plus * Ability to maintain machine
- Ability to program toolpath, set parameters and
- Creating build plates & designs for event elements
- Medium to advance carpentry skills - ideal
- Proactive problem solver and faster thinker
- Good attitude - team player
- Ability to troubleshoot mechanical issues
- Ability to lift and carry 50 lbs. on occasion.
Competitive pay and benefits
1+ years CNC experience is required
Carpentry skills beneficial.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Contract
Salary: $18.00 to $25.00 /hour
Hours per week: