The Custodian is responsible for the safe general maintenance and cleanliness of equipment, facilities and grounds. This position is also referred to as Janitor.
* Scrub, sanitize, vacuum, sweep and mop
* Dispose of trash, clean up spills, replace air fresheners, paper towels, toilet paper, hand soap, etc.
* Prepare facilities for events such as meetings or banquets
* Use motorized walk behind floor scrubber.
* Familiar with AIB cleaning standards.
* Clean and sweep outside grounds and parking lots.
* Clean offices, bathrooms, break rooms and other areas.
* Assist other departments with other tasks.
* Participate in Safety programs such as committees or emergency contingency, use Personal
Protective Equipment as needed, notify supervision of repair needs, spills, safety concerns or
* Keep records of maintenance, monitor cleaning supplies, restock supplies in bathrooms,
breakrooms and other areas.
* Continuously meet efficiency and safety standards for the position.
* Follow instructions as directed by supervision.
* Keep work area neat and clean.
* Perform other tasks as required.
Requirements and Qualifications:
* Recognize colors and sizes, count and sort accurately.
* In some locations, be able and certified to safely operate a powered industrial truck.
* Basic knowledge of cleaning products and procedures or willing to learn.
* Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and work effectively with a team.
* Work independently, comprehend and follow written or verbal direction.
Typical Physical Activity:
Physical Demands consist of standing, walking, bending, reaching, stooping, twisting, working in cramped areas, reaching overhead, pushing, pulling, grasping and lifting or carrying up to 50 lbs.
Typical Environmental Conditions:
Inside and outside areas of a typical industrial facility, which includes working with and around large machinery, in general offices, outside grounds, variations in temperature, odors, humidity, and dust.
Travel Requirements: Travel between company facilities in Elmhurst and St. Charles using personal vehicle for transportation.
Equal Opportunity Employer with a generous benefits package that includes health, dental, life/long/short term disability insurance, paid vacation and holidays, 401k, service recognition program, tuition reimbursement.
All candidates are pre-screened with a phone interview and undergo drug testing and background testing through an outside company.
Job Type: Full-time