Our client has an exciting contract to hire opening for a Sr. Systems Engineer to join a team in Walnut Creek, CA. If you’re interested, please send an updated resume!
Sr. Systems Engineer
Walnut Creek, CA
6 months contract to hire
- Provide senior-level support (and as needed Level 1 and 2) for operation infrastructure. This work will be done in conjunction with architecture teams, network architects, Security Operations, Service Desk, and/or outside vendors.
- Leadership in problem solving and systems management. Work with Systems Administrators, Network Engineers, Applications Developers, Architects, Database
Administrators, and Suppliers to prevent or solve difficult performance problems.
- Contribute to the selection, prototyping, and implementation of hardware, Operating Systems, applications and tools, and technical solutions to business problems.
- Lead, and manage implementation strategies, such as Disaster Recovery, that preserve the integrity, availability, stability, and scalability of site systems and designs, consistent with cost (Capital and Labor) constraints.
- Assist to create and determine infrastructure design, potential issues, and related costs for each project request. Contribute significantly to feature prioritization and systems
- Interact with internal and external technical leaders to develop innovative solutions that meet market needs concerning availability, functionality, performance, scalability, and reliability, realistic implementation schedules and adherence to architectural goals and principles.
To provide escalated Level 3 IT support and to involve in IT infrastructure architecture design activities.
As the senior level engineer to administer, maintain, support, and troubleshoot production environment such as:
Office 365 including email, Skype for business (Team), OneDrive, and others
On-Premise Exchange 2010, 2016, and SMTP servers
Mimecast mail security
Cylance and Symantec anti-virus
Palo Alto Network Security Firewall Appliances
Windows Update Services Server
All aspects of Windows Active Directory
Group Policy Objects
MS SQL servers
Public and private PKI
MS Remote Desktop Service
Windows Application Proxy
Druva Insync and Phoenix backup system