Experienced Sr. Accountant
Barr Funding – Chicago, IL
SR. ACCOUNTANT - FINANCIAL SERVICES: FULL-TIME
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Preparing journal entries and reconciliations for monthly general ledger Assist in the preparation and distribution of financial statements
· Performing accounting functions as assigned including, but not limited to, booking, reconciling, and analyzing transactions and accounts assigned on a weekly/monthly
· Performing daily/weekly cash and security position reconciliations and treasury function
· Working directly with customers to settle accounts on a daily/weekly/monthly basis
· Working with outside accounting firm to facilitate financial statement and tax preparation
· Implementing accounting process and procedures for a balance sheet approach to reporting financial performance
· Producing monthly analytics and annual budgets and projections
· Assisting in preparation of monthly management report and accompanying schedules, worksheets and narratives, and variance Assist in providing follow-up and documentation of significant variances.
· Assisting with completion of annual regulatory filings;
· Willingness to assist with training and mentoring of staff level accountants
· Ability to adhere and enforce company policy and procedure as Reporting & Analysis
· Strategic thinker, who will challenge the "status quo”
· Problem solver with drive to take initiative to seek out issues and inconsitencies
Audits & Examinations:
· Assisting compliance department in preparing for external audits and examinations
· Assisting with assigned schedules for the annual and interim audit
· Ability to review and understand collected audit materials and advise as to potential issues before discovery by examiners
· Coordinating and resolving various issues with the bank such as cleared check differences, bank fee anomalies, targeted balance calculations and enhancements to online services.
· Conforming with and abiding by all regulatory guidance and internal policies & Document policies, procedures and workflow for assigned areas of responsibility.
· Contributing to accounting department and managing special projects, as assigned.
· Intelligent workplace solutions
· Thorough knowledge of Excel
· Experience working with various loan management systems
· CPA certification required
· Strong analytical and accounting abilities
· Advanced skill with MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, FRx and similar programs.
· Intermediate to advanced knowledge of major accounting software packages for both general ledger and statutory - Quickbooks and Freedom preferred.
· Must be able to effectively handle multiple projects simultaneously in a deadline driven environment
· Excellent verbal, written communication, and interpersonal skills.
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team and take on new tasks with a high level of personal and departmental accountability
· The individual will be expected to work with minimal up-front guidance and to take ownership of his / her work product.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
· Bachelors of Science in Accounting or equivalent from an accredited institution
· Four to six years progressively responsible experience in accounting, preferably in financial services
Include a cover letter with your application. In your cover letter, specifically address the following: (1) What about you, your background and your experience makes you uniquely qualified for this position?; and (2) List three words that best describe you and your personality.
APPLICATIONS WITHOUT A COVER LETTER AND RESPONSES TO THE ABOVE WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
Job Type: Full-time
- Management: 3 years (Required)
- Accounting: 4 years (Preferred)
- Chicago, IL 60603 (Required)