Location :Englewood, NJ
Contract 6+ months
Interim Senior Buyer will provide leadership in adhering to timelines to obtain competitive bids for furniture, medical equipment, and appliance procurements for the new site. Ensures a plan for establishing new areas and ongoing procurements of supplies and equipment to ship to new address. Establishes certain services for the new areas, including sharps management, water, postal services. Supervises other buyers and ensures the new area's procurements are processed. Assists in other Capital Purchases, Contract Development and Service Agreements.
• Facilities/Construction notifies Senior Buyer of construction projects and time deadlines. Senior Buyer establishes meetings with the Administrator in charge of area for the project to discuss expectations, specifications for furniture, medical equipment, IT needs, service needs and appliance needs.
- Lead and provide guidance, supervision to other team members involved in procurements.
- Obtain floor plans and CAD of new area(s) and review with construction, architects and administrator of new area.
- Senior Buyer participates in meetings to review floor plan changes regarding the placement of equipment, furniture, appliances and plan for patient care areas and guest waiting areas.
- Senior Buyer identifies vendors to gain proposals for furniture, medical equipment, other equipment, appliances, exam room furniture, surgical tables, lights, movable medical equipment, conference room needs, locker needs, security needs, etc...
- Senior Buyer provides floor plans/CAD gathers initial proposals for all and schedules a series of meetings with team including area administrator, architect, facilities, IT, and reviews details of initial proposals to review furniture, colours, for offices, exam rooms, surgical/treatment areas, waiting areas, physician offices and any other clinical area needs.
- Changes and enhancements are communicated to vendors for next stage of proposals based upon those identified changes.
- Schedules and coordinates with vendor representatives their need to be available for on -site reviews.
- With the Vendors determines ETAs, advises all of limitations on timed deliveries to meet deadline.
- Continually receives changes to plans, equipment, furniture, appliances and updates with vendors.
- Responsible for meetings scheduled to have all review all proposals/presentations for final changes and to select vendors.
- Arranges for storage space if necessary for early deliveries and queuing to site when needed.
- Stages deliveries to when construction indicates site is ready.
- Meets area administrator to set up services needed when site opens.
- Coordinates supplies needed for opening and ongoing ordering.
- Trains new site staff .
- As many as four projects can have overlapping times for opening and must be managed.
- Assumes responsibility for daily operations in absence of Purchasing Supervisor or Manager.
- All other duties as assigned by Supervisor or Director.