SOM, one of the most influential design firms in the world, is seeking innovative, creative, independent, and critical thinkers who aspire to the highest standards of excellence. Join our collaborative design practice as a Junior Urban Designer for the opportunity to build a strong and thriving career.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Desired skills and qualifications:
- Performs work on basic segments of a project.
- Contributes to general preparation of master planning and site planning documents and models.
- Exhibits understanding of basic programming, massing, building, open space and urban planning typologies.
- Exhibits understanding of general design philosophy relating to assigned work.
- Performs basic documentation and presentation work, including diagrams, scale comparisons and visualizations.
- Organizes own work efforts.
- Completion of a five-year or six-year architectural degree program (including minimum one year professional experience) and graduate of one-two year urban design / planning program.
- Limited experience in the architectural and/or urban design and planning profession.
- Demonstrated general knowledge and abilities in documentation, urban history and theory, urban design and planning.
SOM offers opportunities to work on transformational projects, competitive salaries, health insurance, wellness, retirement and financial and other work/life plans.
At SOM, we welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace. We believe an inclusive environment benefits our employees, our firm, and our community, while also enriching and challenging our own thinking about design. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Visit this page to learn more about SOM's employment policy and how to apply offline: www.som.com/employment_opportunities_and_policy
For more about SOM:
Portfolios must be submitted for all design positions (Architecture, Interiors, Planning, etc). Applications without work samples will not be reviewed. Portfolios should be one PDF attachment, 10-20 pages, maximum 5 MB. Submit portfolios as part of your application in the section where the application asks you for your Resume or CV.