Are you looking for an opportunity to not just develop software, but to build a system that will help drive modernization initiatives to support national security? As a full-stack developer, you can solve a problem with a complete end-to-end solution in a fast-paced, agile environment. We’re looking for a developer with the advanced skills needed to provide system integration support and develop software services via Docker containers in a Kubernetes environment. These software services will be built using open source and GOTS tools and will be extended or configured to meet deployment needs.
This role is more than just coding. We need a full-stack developer who will use their passion to learn new tools and techniques, identify and implement system improvements, and mentor teammates. Using sound software engineering principles, you'll ensure that all developed software is modifiable, efficient, reliable, understandable, and fault tolerant. You'll provide training, consulting support, or implementation guidance to other efforts seeking to fit their systems for use on Kubernetes. You’ll analyze the needs and the environment to make sure the solution you’re developing considers the current architecture and operating environment, as well as future functionality and enhancements. Join us as we build systems to change our client's mission for the better.
Empower change with us.
Build Your Career:
A challenging and dynamic work environment isn’t all we have to offer. When you join Booz Allen, you can expect:
access to experts in virtually every field
a culture that focuses on supporting our employees
opportunities that provide stability while offering variety
You’ll also be exposed to a wealth of training resources through our Digital University, an online learning portal featuring more than 5000 functional and technical courses, certifications, and books. Build your technical skills through hands-on training on the latest tools and tech from our in-house experts. Pursuing certifications? Take advantage of our tuition assistance, on-site bootcamps, certification training, academic programs, vendor relationships, and a network of professionals who can give you helpful tips. We’ll help you develop the career you want, as you chart your own course for success.
Nice If You Have:
- Experience with Docker containers and the use of open-source frameworks for orchestration, logging, monitoring, and networking of containers, including Kubernetes, Google Container Engine, OpenShift Origin or Container Platform, Docker Swarm, Docker Compose, Rancher, Logspout, Logstash, Fluentd, or Prometheus
- Experience with one or more of the following languages: Python, Go, Ruby, Perl, and Java
- Experience with DevOps techniques and tools, including continuous integration and deployment
- TS/SCI clearance with a polygraph
- BA or BS degree and 14+ years of experience with software engineering or 18+ years of experience with software engineering in lieu of degree
- Experience with C programming
- Experience as a system integrator, including integrating with systems for authentication and metrics
- Experience with developing or delivering training and providing outreach and consulting support
- Experience with distributed data store technologies, including Postgres and S3
- Experience with PKI implementations
- Experience with Agile Scrum
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information; TS/SCI clearance with polygraph is required.
We’re an EOE that empowers our people—no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other protected characteristic—to fearlessly drive change.