Medical, Dental, & Vision
*****Good Sign On Bonus based on Experience!*****
- Responsible for the supervision, training, motivation, performance appraisals and progressive discipline of nursing assistants and licensed staff, in conjunction with the Director of Nursing Services.
- Prepares and oversees scheduling of nurses and CNAs to ensure adequate coverage. Provides the scheduling for daily staffing changes.
- Orients and admits new residents and family members to SNF.
- Provides oversight to the completion of the Minimum Data Set (MDS), by ensuring required information is obtained and completes MDS in absence of MDS Coordinator.
- Updates and maintains resident care plans.
- Communicates with physicians, residents, families, administrative personnel, and appropriate staff regarding residents’ current physical and mental condition and resident care needs.
- Monitors and completes necessary forms for physical and chemical restraint assessment and reduction.
- Completes reviews and analyzes reports including but not limited to assessment, intervention implementation, physical and chemical restraint reduction, falls, weight change, dietary and pharmacy considerations, medical needs and behavior stamps for physician review, and communicates results and implementation programs to appropriate personnel.
- Participates in the Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) function by collecting and analyzing data, establishing new procedures to assure correction of recognized care issues, and reporting at CQI meetings.
- Monitors nursing notes, physician orders, reporting and reporting of symptoms, reactions, and progress notes for compliance with state and federal regulations.
- Regularly maintains and updates resident roster and census.
- Participates in or conducts, in Director of Nursing Service’s absence, interdisciplinary team/ resident care and other appropriate meetings.
- Follows up on pharmacy audits to verify medications, dosage, and administration compliance.
- Assists Director of Nursing Services in development of nursing policies and procedures according to regulations. Oversees management and maintenance of clinical data in the clinical application software (Infosys) by nursing staff.
- Shares on-call responsibilities with the Director of Nursing Services and Clinic Nurse Manager and provides nursing coverage as needed based on staffing needs.
Supervises up to 12-15 licensed nursing staff. Responsible for the selection, training, motivation, performance appraisal and discipline of assigned employees in conjunction with Director of Nursing Services. May act as Director of Nursing Services in his/her absence.
Graduation from an accredited school of nursing and licensure to practice as an RN in the State of California. Two years nursing experience including supervisory responsibility, geriatric setting preferred.
Job Type: Full-time