SJS Transport aims to simplify Logistics. At SJS you’ll be part of a motivated team that matches your confidence and ambition. We will provide you with the best tools in the industry to grow and develop to a level that will exceed your expectations and help you reach the goals you set for yourself, your team, your career and your customers. Your competitive nature will not go unrecognized.
- Proper execution of beginning of day processes.
- Communicate daily with customers, potential customers and independent contractors.
- Responsible for the timely work order assignment to contract drivers.
- Responsible for pickup and delivery of trailer loads and must know trailer identification and how to expedite tractors.
- Real Time follow up on check calls with contract drivers on all load pickup and delivery's. While in transit, follow up with driver to gain insight into destination time.
- Responsible to execute delivery instructions based upon appointment schedule required by customer. Insure deliveries and pickups are made on time.
- Maintain proper records and insure information is executed timely and correctly.
- Real time input of pickup and delivery information in Truckwin.
- Communicate authorization number to driver.
- Execution of manual charges to pay driver.
- Check in contract drivers and assist in matching paper work and filing finished documents.
- Check contract drivers manifest as to accuracy and make sure correct paperwork is attached when they return to the dock.
- Proper execution of end of day processes. Responsible for the daily maintenance of the dispatch board. Set up system for next morning's appointment times.
- Experience in transportation industry with at least one year in operations and dispatch.
- Works under general supervision. A certain degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Solid communication skills including written and verbal.
- Must be computer literate and have basic to intermediate working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite programs such as word and excel. In addition, working knowledge of an e-mail system is necessary.
- The ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and recall past information
- Must be able to communicate with contract drivers.
- Familiarity with geography of the region in which they will operate and be familiar with port and/or rail locations.
- Familiarity with weight laws, DOT regulations and BIT program requirements.
- Must have knowledge of Hazardous Materials regulations and be familiar with State and Federal safety laws.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $14.00 to $16.00 /hour