Provides assessment, planning, counseling, and education services for patients.
Competencies and skills:Essential:
- Implements evidence based (i.e. Motivational Interviewing) patient & family counseling and education, case management & safe discharge planning.
- Completes psychosocial evaluations to ascertain patient's psychological, emotional and aftercare needs. Identifies and refers patients to appropriate community resources for follow up care.
- Conducts evidence based group therapy to patients to address psychological, emotional or aftercare needs (i.e. Trauma, Co-occurring disorders, seeking safety, wrap)
- Prepares individualized treatment plans. Updates and discusses patient needs in Multidisciplinary treatment team meetings.
- Initiates Baker Acts if needed. Ensures that all legal paperwork is obtained, processed and completed, and included in patient charts. ( i.e. guardianship, baker-act, firearm laws)
- Supervises interns and students
- STANDARDS OF BEHAVIOR: Acts in a manner that supports the standards of communication, respect, privacy, and teamwork by demonstrating a commitment to professional and ethical conduct.
- CUSTOMER SERVICE: Demonstrates commitment to service excellence by promptly addressing internal/external customer issues/requests, resolving concerns while maintaining a professional image and behavior to build and enhance the patient/family/customer experience.
- ACCOUNTABILITY: Accepts ownership of job roles and specific assignments/goals; works independently, takes responsibility for own actions; admits mistakes and judgment errors; and accepts constructive feedback. Connects personal work results to the accomplishment of team and organizational goals.
- RESPONDING TO CHANGE: Accepts change and adapts in a positive and productive manner; handles unexpected situations and changes in direction calmly and with confidence. Views new assignments and job responsibilities as an opportunity for growth.
- PATIENT ASSESSMENT - BEHAVIORAL HEALTH: Uses a variety of tools and techniques to assess and diagnose the behavioral health patient.
- BEHAVIORAL HEALTH TREATMENT PLANNING: Develops individualized plans that define specific behavioral problems and therapeutic interventions with measurable goals.
- BEHAVIORAL HEALTH THERAPY: Provides behavioral health therapy using various modalities.
- ANALYSIS AND DECISION MAKING: Uses decision making processes and tools to analyze situations and make effective decisions.
- PATIENT AND FAMILY CENTERED CARE: "Provides Patient and Family Centered Care to patients, families, visitors and internal customers"
- CLINICAL POLICIES AND STANDARDS: Applies knowledge of clinical standards, policies, and procedures relevant to function and organization.
Education equivalent experience:Essential:
- Licensed Mental Health Counselor - FL
- Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist - FL
- Psychologist License - FL
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker - FL
Complexity of Work:
- Psychology or Clinical Social Work or Counseling
Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
Required Work Experience:
3 years experience in behavioral health.
Since the opening of the one-story, 100-bed Memorial Hospital in 1953, the South Florida community has benefited from caring and compassionate healthcare at Memorial Regional Hospital. Today, with 553 beds and as the flagship facility of Memorial Healthcare System, Memorial Regional Hospital is one of Florida’s largest and most sophisticated hospitals, offering leading-edge care and technologies. Services include:
Medical and Surgical Services
Emergency Room and Level I Trauma Center
Memorial Cancer Institute
Memorial Cardiac and Vascular Institute
Memorial Neuroscience Institute
The Family Birthplace
Wasie Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
We are also home to a team of dedicated professionals, all of whom deliver nationally recognized, award-winning care. Memorial Regional Hospital has received Press Ganey’s Guardian of Excellence Award for Patient Satisfaction (Inpatient Behavioral Health) for three consecutive years, has been recognized by Truven Health Analytics as one of the nation’s 50 Top Cardiovascular Hospitals, and for the last seven years has received the Gold Plus Achievement Award from the American Stroke Association.
This job description is not intended, nor should it be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification.