Benchmark’s company culture is central to our management philosophy. The company’s stated purpose is “to provide an entrepreneurial environment where determined people dare to create, share, and build futures.
To be the “benchmark” by which all others are judged takes passion, courage, and dedication. We invite you to explore our extraordinary offering of unique opportunities, all with a common goal of providing an unforgettable journey.
Job Description Summary:
The responsibility of a lead set up attendant is to set up rooms and halls in readiness for a plethora of banquet events. Reading a Banquet event order and being able to follow the directions outlined in order to set the room up at the Group's request. The Lead Set Up Attendant will lead the set up attendants to ensure the set up of any room meets the requirements.
Basic Function: Leads and directs the Conference Services Housemen in meeting room/ballroom set-ups in order to ensure a successful function and repeat business.
QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, TRAINING, & WORK EXPERIENCE
Education: Any combination of education, training or experience, that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities. High School Education required.
Two years’ supervisory experience
Two or more years’ experience in banquets
Must have comprehensive knowledge of room set-up operations.
Strong attention to detail.
Able to work under pressure and in a challenging and changing environment.
Able to multi task.
Able to lead a team and possess a positive attitude.
Able to grasp, lift, carry or transport up to 75 pounds.
Comprehensive knowledge of the English language in order to read BEO’s, set-up sheets and effectively communicate with guests and employees.
Knowledge of Delphi property management system a plus.
Able to handle employee issues in an effective manner.
Ability to work varying shifts such as, early mornings, evenings, and weekends.
Ability to work unplanned/unexpected overtime.
Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing to provide clear direction to staff. Observe performance and encourage improvement.
Ability to effectively deal with guests, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger and collect accurate information and resolve conflicts.
Must communicate with co-workers and guests in a positive manner.
Must greet guests in a professional and friendly manner.
1. Ability to schedule, and train all housemen.
2. Supervise and assist the set up of all meeting /function rooms to include tables, chairs, equipment, etc.
3. Assist in defining performance requirements and develop action plans to achieve these goals.
4. Assist in monitoring staff performance and work with Manager/Director regarding any personnel issues that may arise.
5. Visually inspect all meeting rooms/function space prior to meetings/functions for cleanliness, proper set-up, etc.
6. Supervise clean-up of meeting room/function room and proper breakdown and storage of equipment.
7. Work closely with the Conference Planners and Catering Managers to ensure client’s needs are met.
8. Provide suggestions and creative solutions to Conference Planner and client requests.
9. Manage inventory of equipment/furniture.
10. Able to communicate and work with all levels of personnel.
11. With manager, conduct review of area operating procedures, recommending and implementing changes to increase operational efficiency and cost effectiveness.
12. Insures adherence to department standards.
13. Works closely with the audio visual staff to ensure overall meeting room/function space is set and maintained appropriately.
14. Works closely with the Banquet Manager to ensure banquet events are set correctly.
15. Team with internal departments to ensure client needs / issues are met and / or resolved in a timely manner.
16. Check staff attendance according to schedules; adjust as necessary, in order to provide quality service during functions.
17. Adheres to department/overall Conference Center standards.
18. Ensures Conference Services team adheres to all department/overall Center standards.
19. Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established by Benchmark from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of the position. Employees with irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
20. Upon employment, all employees are required to fully comply with Benchmark rules and regulations for the safe and efficient operation of hotel facilities. Employees who violate Conference Center rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the hotel.
1. Attend meetings such as the BEO meeting, group resume meeting.
2. Order supplies and equipment from other areas of the Conference Center as well as vendors.
3. Assist the set-up team with the execution of the events according to the BEO, set-up report and Benchmark quality standards.
4. Generate and distribute Delphi reports i.e. set-up report, BEO’s.
5. Meet with the Conference Planner and possibly clients to discuss room set-ups for upcoming meetings and events.
Working inside and outside, alone and closely with others, some noise/vibrations, above ground, with some chemicals/detergents, on uneven surfaces, use of motorized equipment such as a golf cart.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V