Join our National, Award-Winning Team! Kinney Construction Services, Inc. (KCS) is a growing Construction Services firm, specializing in Commercial Building Construction and Renovation, Civil Construction, and Renewable Energy projects. Our people have helped us stand out as northern Arizona’s premier construction firm. We are always looking for dynamic individuals who can bring enthusiasm and innovative solutions to our team and projects.
We currently have an exceptional opportunity for a Staff Accountant. This position will be based out of our corporate headquarters in Flagstaff, Arizona.
This position is responsible for the accurate accounting of direct costs for our construction projects. In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Interfacing between project estimating, field supervision and accounting department to ensure cost collection and reporting is accurate and meaningful.
- Manage the A/P process from timely invoice entry and coding verification to payment.
- Maintaining financial reports, records, and general ledger accounts.
- Preparing journal entries, analyses, and account reconciliations and assisting with monthly close processes.
- Daily collection of field reports of completed work units, labor, and equipment, and entering of data into accounting system.
- Generation of cost and production reports for management review. Investigation of significant variances or deviations.
- Maintaining purchase order log and entry into accounting systems.
- Meeting processing and reporting deadlines.
- Responding to information requests, reviewing financial statements, and assisting with audits.
- At least three (3) years of cost accounting experience.
- Construction Industry or Property Management experience is preferred.
- Excellent organization skills a must.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Must have solid computer software, hardware, and network skills.
- Well versed in ability to prioritize multiple work assignments and complete work to articulated deadlines.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- 4-year degree in accounting or related discipline.
Benefits & Perks
- Comprehensive health, dental & vision coverage.
- Paid vacation, holidays, personal, and sick days.
- 401(k) + company match.
- Continuous education and training opportunities.
- Employee volunteer opportunities.
- Company-wide events, i.e., houseboat trips, spring training games, BBQs, holiday parties, and more.
KCS is northern Arizona’s premier construction services firm, specializing in commercial building construction, civil construction, and renewable energy projects. KCS promotes a positive team environment, continuous improvement culture, and high standards of integrity and quality in all areas of operation. Our team is committed to Building Better Together, which signifies our shared commitment and passion to building environments and experiences that enable our communities to thrive. And we have fun doing it.
Perched at 7,000 feet elevation and nestled at the base of the San Francisco Peaks, our mountain community offers a mecca for outdoor enthusiasts and those valuing quality of living over quantity of access. Our four-season climate is unique in Arizona, and when you combine it with our charm, you’ll understand why people come here from all over the world. We choose Flagstaff and hope you do too. Learn what makes our mountain community thrive: chooseflagstaff.com/living-here
Please take a moment to view our KCS video: KCS Video
For more information, please visit: https://www.kinneyconstruction.net/
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $50,000.00 - $80,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Work Location: In person