A company that is a market leader in their space seeks a senior project manager to support various implementations across internal clients in various business units. We are a well-established, global firm headquartered in northern VA.
The focus will be to coordinate multiple internal project implementations in support of enterprise IT systems. The Sr Project Manager will work collaboratively with other members of the services team, as well as product managers, engineering, and sales and account management to ensure project success.
Ability to thrive in fast-paced, dynamic environment is essential as is the ability to successfully manage multiple concurrent projects.
- Successfully manage multiple/simultaneous internal and external implementations by continually motivating clients/team members, ensuring project timelines are met, and issues are addressed.
- Escalate issues to designated team contacts and/or cross-functional teams in a timely manner to ensure implementation issues are addressed early.
- Act as a liaison between the development team and clients and possess the ability to have technical conversations with clients.
- Interact with clients to understand their business needs, communicate project status and develop relationships to ensure satisfaction while minimizing project risk.
- Apply project management techniques and individual technical and or business knowledge to ensure that the work product and project deliverables are of the highest quality to satisfy client expectations.
- Ability to understand product features and quickly identify gaps and perform detailed analysis for the impacted systems/interfaces.
- Ability to conduct technical meetings with customer and direct and influence the outcome of the meeting.
- Perform research and analysis of issues raised by client and conduct initial triaging and/or reprioritization of the issues.
- Work with Product Management, Engineering and QA to develop and implement solutions that will meet client’s business objectives.
- Analyze business requirements, develop specifications and design solutions for client integration, configuration and implementation.
- Develop and manage project plans, tasks, budget, deliverables, dependencies and resource requirements to ensure on time delivery.
- Track, assess and communicate client and project goals, plans, issues, key milestones, timelines, action items, metrics and budgets, prior, during and after implementation.
- Work with the Sales and Account Management team to generate incremental revenue through professional services.
- Identify and manage implementation and project scope changes
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Computer Science or related discipline.
- In lieu of a degree, at least 10 years of experience will be considered, specifically in major account project management.
- 8+ years of work experience in a customer facing technical project manager or similar role in a large organization.
- Demonstrated track record of developing senior level client relationships.
- Experience with implementations of packaged software or COTS tools is helpful.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to successfully provide direction and leadership to others as a project lead and/or a technical specialist.
- Demonstrated leadership skills, communication, analytical and problem-solving skills, short-term and long-term planning skills.
- Experience successfully managing large Professional Services/Implementation projects.
- Experience with client-facing activities: sales calls, business development, requirements gathering, project planning, risk assessment and mitigation, and progress meetings.
- Excellent presentation and negotiation skills.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $130,000.00 /year