Applications System Analyst Program Associate
This is position works with the Department of Correction in the Technology Services Division, Application Help Desk. Technical/Systems Analyst/helpdesk support, providing end user (all DOC users, contractors, county and other state agency) assistance relating to security permissions/applications/equipment needs and in-house application development.
A Day In The Life:
Employee works under immediate supervision of the DOC Executive Director, Research and Technology and receives general instructions for work in support of agency information technology requirements. Work is reviewed for reliability of judgement, technical accuracy and compliance with division, agency and state policy.
- Provides IT support and assistance to end-users via phone, email and remote access;
- Analysis of user’s needs and must apply problem solving solutions;
- Track, prioritize and document requests using an IT support request system;
- Logging and keeping records of end user issues/problems;
- Maintaining documents on problem solving fix;
- Network/application account setup/termination;
- Setup of IT equipment;
- Install/Uninstall software;
- Identify problems and repair printers, copiers and scanners;
- Learn new software that relates to the DOC or State of Indiana;
- Tests and debugs new and existing application software;
- Assists with development of system/user testing documentation for application software programs;
- Training on as needed bases;
- Executes task conforming to shop techniques, standards, policies and procedures;
- Performs related duties as required.
What we are looking for:
Four (4) years’ work experience in Information Technology or accredited college training in a related field. A strong technical background, oral and written communication skills needed. Ability to explain complex information in simple, clear terms.
- Considerable problem solving skills and logical/technical application;
- Working knowledge of technology equipment, operation and capabilities;
- Working knowledge of standard operating systems and software;
- Working knowledge of information systems design principles;
- Basic knowledge of system design techniques;
- Some knowledge of application development software languages;
- Understanding of policies, standards, procedures and techniques used for application development;
- Considerable knowledge of information technology equipment, operation, and capabilities;
- Limited knowledge of the most recent advancement of information technology equipment, operation, capabilities;
- Ability to perform problem solving and analytical logic;
- Effectively communicate both orally and in writing.
- Choose from four medical plans including RX coverage, vision, dental and a wellness program that allows you to earn discounts on insurance plans.
- Health savings accounts include state contributions.
- Deferred compensation account (similar to a private sector 401 K plan) with employer match along with a choice of two fully funded pension plans
- Group life insurance.
Why work for Indiana?
- Diversity of workforce and career opportunities.
- Paid time off for vacation, personal, sick leave, and 12 weeks of leave to spend with a new child.
- 12 company paid holidays, 14 on election years.
- Employee assistance program.
- Qualified employer for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program
- FREE DOWNTOWN PARKING
Equal Employment Opportunity:
The State of Indiana is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Type: Full-time
- Information Technology: 4 years (Required)