MarkeTeam is an award-winning marketing and sales promotion agency, specializing in the hospitality, leisure and food & beverage industries.
We are currently searching for an Art Director to lead our creative and design efforts. The role will include a balance of lead design on prominent projects along with department coaching and direction of design team, production artists and freelancers.
The majority of our work involves various types of print collateral (menus, signage, posters, banners, table tents, etc) along with some digital.
- Supervises work performed by designers, production artists and freelancers
- Provide high-level vision and direction through coaching and collaboration with design team
- Works well within project management software
- Direct and attend photoshoots
- Present creative concepts to clients
- Collaborate on projects with project management and production departments
- Strong color knowledge – experience in photo color correction and approve color press proofs
- Facilitate rush jobs with problem solving and strong internal relationships
- Maintains digital files, assets and archive of completed jobs
- Additional responsibilities might include - revisions (design and text), preparing files for print, proofreading
- Remain current with design and industry trends
- Bachelor’s degree in art / design
- 5 years experience managing a design team
- Expertise in Adobe Creative Cloud with a mastery of InDesign and Photoshop
- Proficient with paragraph and character styles
- A commitment to quality control
- Track record of managing multiple projects
- Understanding of Mac OSX platform
- Project management system software experience
- Design experience with Food & Beverage
- Website / Digital
- Illustration skills
- Photoshoot Experience
- Adobe certification a plus
In addition to the above, the perfect candidate is someone who works well within a team while being independent, thrives in a fast-paced environment, has excellent communications, is pro-active, tenacious and thinks on his/her feet, is quality driven, creative, pays close attention to detail, prepares for meetings in advance, and takes a “whatever it takes” approach to achieving client’s goals. He/she listens intently to clients and coworkers, has the ability to quickly build relationships and be influential, and is sociable and fun!
Job Type: Full-time