To perform routine member transactions, including but not limited to deposits, withdrawals, cash advances, loan payments, transfers and check cashing with quality member service.
Major Duties & Roles
- Provide Raving Fans Service to all members and co-workers, welcome members and call them by name, answer member questions concerning Credit Union services and direct members to appropriate department for specific information and service.
- Receive and process member financial transactions, including deposits, withdrawals and loan payments, re-pin debit cards; sell money orders and gift cards to members; transfer amounts from member accounts as directed.
- Post transactions to member accounts and maintain member records with minimal errors as defined in the Teller Standards.
- Balance cash drawer and complete daily transactions with minimal errors as defined in the Teller Standards. This is satisfactorily accomplished with a minimal amount of assistance from co-workers and managers.
- Perform a variety of miscellaneous tasks including scanning checks and teller work, filing, computer input, assisting members as needed with the Coin Sorter, or answering the telephone.
- Cross sell products and services of the Credit Union.
- Abides by, and maintains current and thorough knowledge of Credit Union policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge & Skills
Cash handling and customer service experience is strongly preferred.
High School degree or GED required.
Courtesy, tact, and diplomacy are essential elements of the job. Work involves personal contact with others inside and/or outside the organization, generally regarding routine matters for purposes of giving and obtaining information, as well as advising or referring, which commonly require shorter discussions.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $14.00 to $16.00 /hour