Job Title: Graphic Designer – Brand
Reports To: Brand Communications Manager
Schedule: 40 hours per week / based on business needs
A Brand designer combines marketing and graphic design to create the visual materials that represent a company. This individual designs and produces the projects and materials that satisfy the needs of the company. These materials can include logos, fonts, color palettes and more. Brand designers work with members to designate target audiences and create consistency across all marketing platforms. This position requires a keen eye for detail and ability to work under tight deadlines.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design, Fine Arts or similar area is required.
- Two years of related work experience obtained through employment and/or internship(s).
- Demonstrate graphic design skills with a strong portfolio.
- Proficient on Mac and PC computer platforms including familiarity of software programs such as Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel.
- A strong grasp of design software programs such as Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator and Adobe InDesign.
- Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills.
- Understanding of Artistic Sensibility.
- Product photography, photo editing, and staging preferred.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Become a brand champion and develop branding strategies for all clients, while always maintaining brand standards and composition that support customer conversion.
- Collaborate with the creative team and other stakeholders to plan, conceptualize, create, analyze, organize and execute assigned projects.
- Create visual concepts, by hand or using computer software, to communicate ideas that inspire, inform, or captivate an audience.
- Ensure that the deliverable is consistent with market trends while maintaining brand identity and business strategy.
- Illustrates concept by designing rough layout of art and copy regarding arrangement, size, type size and style, and related aesthetic concepts.
- Have a strong understanding of typography, layout, and composition, & color theory to apply original ideas to projects
- Brainstorming and mocking up design ideas and layouts based on knowledge of layout principles and artistic design concepts.
- Meticulous attention to detail and a commitment to producing high quality design products.
- Ability to receive constructive feedback from other team members and colleagues with an open mind.
- Exhibits full responsibility for one’s own work achievements and consistently maintains a high level of self-management that contributes to sustained high performance.
- Effectively use the time available to complete work tasks and activities that lead to the achievement of expected work objectives.
- Be flexible and adapt to changes in the work environment in ways that helps other members keep projects on course.
- Occasional research of market trends, vendors and other departmental topics.
- Keep up-to-date with trends in graphic design techniques and software.
- All other duties as assigned by direct Supervisor.
- Normal office environment.
- Some travel may be required.
- May be requested to work overtime and weekends for special programs/deadlines.
- Moderate to High level of mental and/or visual fatigue and eyestrain may result from looking at a computer screen for extended periods of time.
Design Design is an equal opportunity employer.
It is my responsibility to ensure that all information is filled out correctly and any errors in electronically filling out any requested information should be immediately brought to Design Design Inc’s attention by me (but in any event no longer than 24 hours after the documents was electronically submitted to Design Design Inc.). Otherwise, Design Design Inc. will rely on all information submitted by me and such information will be considered my truthful, complete and accurate application submission.
I agree to enter into and submit this application by electronic means and my electronic signature is that of my own. My signature is binding and legally enforceable.
Job Type: Full-time
- catalog: 1 year (Preferred)
- brand communications: 1 year (Preferred)
- graphic design: 3 years (Preferred)
- Grand Rapids, MI 49503 (Preferred)