Nuvance Health has a network of convenient hospital and outpatient locations — Danbury Hospital, New Milford Hospital, Norwalk Hospital and Sharon Hospital in Connecticut, and Northern Dutchess Hospital, Putnam Hospital Center and Vassar Brothers Medical Center in New York — plus multiple primary and specialty care physician practices locations, including The Heart Center, a leading provider of cardiology care, and two urgent care offices. Non-acute care is offered through various affiliates, including the Thompson House for rehabilitation and skilled nursing services, and the Home Care organizations.
$500 Sign On Bonus
**Must have experience as a Medical Assistant, Certified Nursing Assistant or EMT**
Provides clinical and clerical support to assure smooth daily department operations in assigned medical practice or practices. Assures that the patient and examination area is properly prepared.
1. Greets and brings patient back from waiting room to clinical area. Performs all necessary intake activities and documents appropriate information including vital signs, current medications and allergies, verifies EMR reflects current PCP, appropriate referring provider, and preferred pharmacy, etc.
2. Transcribes and updates patient information in the patient record. Transcribes demographic, medication history, social and medical history as reported by the patient from the intake form.
3. Provides clerical and secretarial work associated with patient care. Prepares and organizes patient charts for assigned providers. Completes other paperwork such as disability paperwork and scanning of other pertinent patient information as appropriate.
4. Performs and stays current with EMR Orders Reconciliation process as assigned.
5. Assures the examination area is clean after each patient use and stocked. Performs environmental rounds on a weekly/monthly basis as assigned.
6. Assures the patient is properly prepared for the scheduled visit to maintain timely patient flow. This includes assisting patients into gowns, having clinical paperwork, any needed supplies and educational materials immediately available for the provider use.
7. Conducts in-office testing as directed by the provider. Coordinates testing and outside ancillary services as applicable. Reviews instructions for upcoming procedures and tests as applicable.
8. Collects, prepares and processes specimens as directed by the provider. Completes process by assuring specimen results are logged in the accession book and are reconciled in the patients record.
9. Maintains inventory and ensures proper upkeep, cleaning and testing of medical equipment and supplies. Fills out appropriate logs.
10. Coaches and educates colleagues in office regarding procedures and techniques as new members join the group.
11. Performs pathology and other audits as assigned by supervisor.
12. Demonstrates and maintains practice-based competencies for in-office surgical procedures if applicable. This includes procedure setup, patient prepping with sterile technique, patient recovery and room turnover under RN direction.
13. Interacts with patients and colleagues in accordance with Western Connecticut Medical Group service excellence standards.
14. Fulfills all compliance responsibilities related to the position.
15. Performs other duties as assigned.
Data entry required. High School diploma/GED with 1 year MA/Secy experience, or new graduate of Medical Assistant program, or Nursing Assistant training program, or EMT certification, or 3 years job related experience in a medical office. Basic medical knowledge and terminology. Skilled in obtaining accurate patient vital signs.
CPR certification preferred. Bi-lingual preferred.
Danbury-111 Osborne Street
M-F, 8 hour shifts between 7am- 7pm occasional weekends. Travel to Southbury office
DB General Surgery
- HS Graduate or Equivalent
- Some manual skills / motor coord & finger dexterity
- Little or no potential for occupational risk
- Medium to Heavy effort. May exert up to 35 lbs. force
Nuvance Health and its affiliates are Section 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organizations and therefore eligible employees may qualify for forgiveness of certain federal student loans under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Qualified Applicants are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other classification protected under applicable Federal, State or Local law.
We will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of a qualified applicant with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If you believe you require such assistance to complete this form or to participate in an interview, please contact Human Resources at 203-739-7330 (for reasonable accommodation requests only). Please provide all information requested to assure that you are considered for current or future opportunities.