Overall department responsibility for centralized staffing department; its employees (staffing analysts and coordinators), operations, budget.
Will oversee 24/7 centralized staffing function for system including implementation and maintenance of automated scheduling system; oversight of agency nurses; staffing plans.
Overall responsibility for 1:1 observers and deployment of this staff throughout the system.
This position will work closely with other department directors and leaders to support staffing and scheduling operations.
Position Qualifications Required / Experience Required:
- Directly oversees and manages staffing and scheduling office personnel, 1:1 observers, and staffing system administrators.
- Assures adequate staffing throughout the nursing department utilizing the scheduling system.
- Performs performance evaluations at least annually on all scheduling staff.
- Assumes administrative responsibility during non business hours and communicates appropriate information in a timely manner.
- Participates in administrative meetings as necessary. Visible on all shifts and weekends as needed.
- Provides both standard and custom reports as requested by nursing administration for staffing and scheduling.
- Works with the IS department to generate reports for IS data required by hospital administration.
- Facilitates the integration of data, information and knowledge to support nursing administration in their decision-making.
- Coordinates with IS Business Analyst all scheduling system upgrades as assigned, following all project management standards.
- Participates as lead on all scheduling system meetings as representative of Virtua.
- Schedules and provides demonstrations and/or training sessions on assigned applications to Directors, Assistant Nurse Managers and staffing personnel.
- Continues to enhance personal knowledge of nursing administrative (business) applications as well as clinical competencies and provides mentoring to direct reports and others as required.
- Adheres to the Scope and Standards of Nursing Practice providing clinical expertise and advisement for staffing and scheduling functions.
Minimum of 5 years Nursing Management or Supervisory experience.
Able to analyze data and make recommendations pertaining to electronic scheduling system.
BSN, Masters in Nursing or other related field preferred.
New Jersey RN licensure and BLS required.
Certification in area of nursing administration or IS recommended.
Responsible to maintain annual competencies identified by supervisor.