Job Description Are you passionate about building amazing software?
Are you constantly pushing yourself to develop better, faster and more efficient applications?
Do you have an innate interest in releasing products that drive meaningful business results?
Do you want to make a difference?
Then CoStar is the place for you.
Forbes recently recognized CoStar as one of 100 fastest growing companies in the world as well as one of the 10 most innovative software companies in the world.
CoStar’s software developers build products that facilitate 86% of commercial real estate transactions in the United States. These transactions range from a small business owner leasing their first office space to a large multi-national building or buying a new headquarters campus. On any given day our developers are building products that manage nearly a trillion dollars of potential real estate transactions.
Everyone at CoStar is deeply committed to delivering high-performing applications that change the way our users consume and use commercial real estate data. We are THE leading data provider to the $14 trillion commercial real estate industry. We are growing rapidly and searching for a Technical Manager who can take us to the next level.
CoStar’s Database Developers are responsible for architecting and building data solutions that operate on terabytes of data and scale to support millions of users.
- Know: Deeply understand what drives the business for which you are building software. We firmly believe that what separates a good developer from a great one is a deep understanding of the business that they are supporting.
- Architect: Use your experience to drive the design of highly performant and highly available data solutions.
- Build: Build solutions that operate on massive amounts of data in high transaction volume applications.
- Test: Work with your QA resources to ensure that the software you deliver is of the highest quality. (Our customers are not beta testers.)
- Launch: Act as a key member of the product launch team and work closely with DevOps to resolve operational issues.
- Grow: Take an active role in mentoring other developers.
Are you up for the challenge?
Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree
- A demonstrable track record of building and launching successful products that leverage terabytes of data
- 5+ years of deep database development experience
- Ability to analyze technical requirements and design new architectures, data models and ETL strategies
- Expertise database design, complex T-SQL programming, performance tuning, index analysis
- Deliver work products that meets specifications, are free of defects, and have optimal performance
- Experienced in database performance testing and SQL code unit testing strategies and implementation
- Define Database Architecture and Development best practices
- Facilitate discussions among database developers to exchange ideas and introduce new database technologies
- Evaluate emerging technologies to identify opportunities, trends and best practices that can be leveraged to strengthen CoStar’s technology platform and development practices.
- Willingness to take an active role in mentoring other developers
CoStar Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer; we maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing