This position is responsible for providing efficient and effective management, design and administration of SSM Health's (SSMH) local area and wireless networks. This position works under the guidance of the IS Manager and Lead Technical Analyst to provide support of Information Technology and participates in project activities. The primary objective of the position is to ensure the integrity, efficiency, connectivity and reliability of the SSMH data network environment to support the Information Systems strategic plan.
1. Imparting the philosophy, values, mission and vision of SSM Health and facilitates the integration of values in CQI activities.
2. Understands, embraces and practices the principles of CQI.
3. Understand and exemplifies the philosophy and values of the Franciscan Sisters of Mary and the SSM Health.
4. Provides a personal example of living the principles of continuous quality improvement whereby decision-making is driven by data, and customer-supplier relationships are facilitated both within and outside the system.
5. Represents SSM Health in external activities and organizations as appropriate.
6. Participates in the development of individual and department goals and strategies that support the objectives of the SSMH Strategic & Financial Plan and the Information Systems Plan.
7. * Maintains and provides technical support for applications, PC operating systems, PC hardware and related peripherals, software and telephony (including Cisco and Skype for Business Voice-over IP).
8. * Promotes standards and procedures for selection, implementation, integration and support of systems.
9. *Knowledge and support of Active Directory tools including, but not limited to: group membership, creating groups, running scripts to move users, running scripts to create generic IDs, running scripts to set auto logon & lock down accounts to specific computer, basic understanding of GPO's and software deployment, granting access to folders on computer for special software; creating new file shares & granting rights appropriately
10. Knowledge and support of multiple operating systems, including but not limited to: Windows, iOS and Android.
11. * Works as a team member to promote a responsive, customer-oriented services delivery team.
12. * Work with Network Services to implement and maintain technology standards for WAN and LAN connectivity and all infrastructure components required to maintain a highly available network, applies updates as needed to satisfy network/security requirements.
13. * Provides assistance with architectural and electronical contractor drawing as related to campus projects for optimal installation of IT-related equipment.
14. * Assists users in the selection, acquisition, and installation of network applications or hardware/software, based on their requirements and the standards set by the SSM Integrated Health Technologies (IHT)
15. * Assists other network analysts/technicians and operations staff members in solving network/telephony communication, clinical and business issues, including but not limited to the Epic electronic health record.
16. * Required to use the SSM standard tracking system for incident reporting, change control items projects and requests.
17. * Provides feedback to the department and director when actively participating on teams or when representing the department in meetings.
18. * Interacts effectively with entity departmental directors and staff, and all IHT staff, resulting in objectives being accomplished.
19. Communicates outstanding issues and status updates through appropriate channels, escalating unresolved issues when necessary.
20. * Maintains accuracy for equipment and asset tracking and inventory control.
21. *Maintains the integrity of file share permissions, utilization and security to SSMHC standards.
22. *Ensuring that network devices are maintained with current virus protection and software patches per IHT policy.
23. *Assistance in the maintenance and support the phone systems (including VoIP for Cisco and Skype for Business), cellular phone security policies, and audio visual equipment and meeting support.
24. * Will work flexible hours as needed, including off hours and on-call coverage on a rotating basis.
25. * Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
1. Associate Degree
2. 1 to 3 years of experience
3. IT technical/application experience
Essential Physical Functions:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Ability to sit for extended periods while performing various tasks.
2. Ability to continuously see fine print and to use the computer.
3. Ability to continuously perform fine motor tasks, such as computer, calculator, writing or phone tasks.
4. Ability to hear and converse on the phone and in person.
5. Ability to push/pull and move objects up to 75 pounds.
About SSM Health Dean Clinic-
Based in Madison, Wis., Dean Clinic consists of a network of more than 60 clinics in south-central Wisconsin. Our more than 500 physicians provide primary, specialty and tertiary care in the clinics as well as eye care through our Davis Duehr Dean locations. Dean Clinic also offers urgent care services and operates outpatient surgery centers. Dean Clinic joined SSM Health in 2013.