As the Information Company, our mission at OpenText is to create software solutions and deliver services that redefine the future of digital. Be part of a winning team that leads the way in Enterprise Information Management.
Today’s life sciences organizations need to maximize their resources and budgets in a way that enables innovation, seamless business processes and quick responses to changing business needs, while ensuring that their security, privacy, and control requirements are met. Whether they are deploying in the cloud or on-premises, there is no one-size-fits-all. With a comprehensive portfolio of services that offer flexibility, agility and security, we deliver solutions to meet the specific needs of our Life Sciences customers —private, public, hybrid cloud, or traditional on-premises.
As an Account Executive at OpenText you help customers use information to grow faster and be more efficient in an increasingly Digital World. You are part of a global team of highly skilled and entrepreneurial professionals who understand that their customers are experiencing unprecedented change.
Your customers trust your judgement to help them solve their most pressing business problems and to support them in their journey to the cloud and to become a digital enterprise. You will stop at nothing to help them find the right solution to positively impact the business, improve their most important business processes, or reduce their risks.
You are comfortable with complex sales cycles. Your track record of successful attainment of your targets will be rewarded with one of the most competitive compensation packages in the industry.
You are great at:
What it takes:
- Delivering the sales revenue plan. Achieving or exceeding sales quotas for license, SaaS, maintenance, and services.
- Building and Managing a Robust Sales Pipeline. Building a pipeline sufficient to consistently deliver on quarterly and annual booking and revenue targets.
- Forecasting Accurately. Consistently deliver on quarterly forecast commitments.
- Developing and supporting a Partner Eco-system. In partnership with the alliance and partner manager, developing a network of alliance and channel partners that expand our market coverage and enhance the completeness and strength of our portfolio and value proposition.
- Building Our Brand. Building lasting, consultative relationships with C-level executives in customer accounts. Engaging global business unit sales teams (e.g., specialists, channel partners, and alliance partners) to fully leverage all of OpenText’s products and technology offerings.
- University or Bachelor’s degree with 5-8 years of enterprise software sales experience.
- At least 4 years of experience selling to the Life Sciences vertical with a proven track record of success.
- Demonstrated ability to find or create new logo opportunities. Proven ability to grow a robust pipeline of sales opportunities.
- Proven ability to successfully navigate a large deal through the complexities of a large enterprise. Able to understand and manage a deal through and across different functional groups, like IT, Lines of Business, Marketing and Procurement.
- Understands market landscape, industry trends and has relationships with key influencers. Scope includes competitors, partners, consultants, trade organizations, and major customers. Effective and credible with industry leaders when engaged.
- Unwavering commitment and determination to do what is necessary to ensure business success; genuine and deep concern for customers, our people, and the business; constantly and creatively thinking about the business; proven work ethic; self-starter/self-motivator
- Demonstrates ethical behavior, personal integrity and character; trustworthy; leads by example; Invests in personal development and growth.