The Engineering Science Leveraged Process Engineer will support process development and Front End Loading (FEL) activities for manufacturing improvements and projects that require complex problem analysis and solutions. ***This role can also be based out of Wilmington, DE.***
Provide solutions which add value through work process, unit operations, operating condition or process technology improvements. The incumbent will participate on project development teams focusing on preparing basic engineering packages and contribute to safe, efficient and reliable designs of options to meet business growth initiatives. The role will also provide process engineering support for manufacturing facilities by gathering data, evaluating improvement opportunities, developing the scope, and implementing projects across the Electronics & Imaging (E&I) facilities.
- Recognized as a leader in practical application of Chemical Engineering skills to troubleshooting, process development, scale-up and design.
- Prepare basic engineering packages for project evaluations.
- Work on Manufacturing improvements / issues that require complex problem analysis and solutions.
- Apply expertise in identifying, evaluating, and mitigating potential SHE and process safety hazards in conjunction with process safety technology leader and business Engineering Science leaders.
- Participate / Mentor as Process Engineering Discipline member on process hazard reviews for capital projects and existing manufacturing facilities.
- Evaluate preliminary business commercial or site initiated proposals for capital investment to ensure they add value and to uncover potential roadblocks.
- Knowledgeable in the improvement and capital work processes.
- Lead major process engineering efforts on capital projects. Applying skills to address significant project complexity, and provide coaching and mentoring to less experienced personnel. Ensure that the best feasible solutions are applied.
- Work effectively and efficiently with Design Engineering, Process Automation, Project Management and other stakeholders in the execution of projects
- Demonstrate knowledge and application of the functional Process Engineering (PE) Work Process Discipline
- Develop network of Subject Matter Experts (SME) to leverage manufacturing and engineering and R&D technical expertise to help achieve business goals.
- Leverage best practices across business facilities and teams.
- Validate improvement opportunities using global tools and assist in building the Plant Specific Technology Plans
- Assist the business aligned Engineering Science Leaders to ensure implementation of business-supported projects as identified in the plant specific improvement opportunities.
- Provide technical plant support in specialized areas including process simulation, modeling, risk analysis, and process optimization
- Provide data to validate that projects deliver performance objectives after implementation