Janian Medical Care, P.C., seeks a full-time Primary Care Provider to start in January 2020.
For over 25 years, originally as the Project for Psychiatric Outreach to the Homeless, Janian Medical Care has been providing psychiatric care to homeless and formerly homeless New Yorkers in supportive housing, shelters, drop-in centers and with street outreach teams. Janian started its primary care program in 2012 that continues to expand rapidly. Janian Medical Care is widely recognized as a leader in the delivery and development of person-centered, on-site care and at offering clinicians a supportive, flexible, culturally competent work environment that supports clinical freedom and creativity. Janian clinicians enjoy expert supervision and protected educational activities that encourage clinical excellence and continued professional development including opportunities to earn CME credits. We offer a competitive salary commensurate with experience and excellent benefits. Janian Medical Care values workplace diversity and is committed to being an equal opportunity employer. We believe this is an excellent opportunity for a primary care provider to gain experience in person-centered, community-based care in a supportive, learning organization.
The Primary Care Provider will work with members of multi-disciplinary teams providing care to homeless and formerly homeless New Yorkers to:
· Identify and engage clients in need of medical evaluation and care
· Provide care to agency clients
· Assist in planning and presenting of educational materials to agency staff
· Participate in regular staff meetings and supervisory meetings
· Physician, board eligible or board certified in family medicine, internal medicine, or emergency medicine, licensed and registered to practice in New York State
· Nurse Practioner (NP), licensed and registered to practice in New York State. Must have, or be working towards, National Certification in Nurse Practitioner Specialty-Adult Health or Family Health
· Good communication and collaboration skills
· Commitment to person-centered practices
· Commitment to servant leadership principles
· Proficient in the use of electronic medical records (eClinicalWorks preferred)
· Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office, including Outlook
· Bilingual Spanish a plus
- EEO: CUCS is an EEO Employer and Prohibits Discrimination/Harassment of Any Kind.Instructions:
- Upload resume&cover letter in one doc. Applicants will only be considered for position applied for.
TO APPLY PLEASE COPY AND PASTE URL PROVIDED BELOW TO YOUR BROWSER:
Job Type: Full-time