Storyblocks is a stock media company that empowers digital storytellers by providing affordable and high quality creative content via a subscription-based service. In addition to supporting video creation through www.videoblocks.com ( http://www.videoblocks.com ), we have launched two additional properties focused on images (https://www.storyblocks.com/stock-image/ ( https://www.storyblocks.com/stock-image/ )) and audio (www.audioblocks.com ( http://www.audioblocks.com )) with similar subscription models.
Storyblocks is changing the stock media industry by bringing content directly to creators, directly where they work. While our company started with humble beginnings (we literally used to sell DVD’s of stock content from the back of an RV), we always knew there was a better way.
Our content is now featured in major motion pictures, Grammy Award winning music videos, and broadcast television, and in the leading content creation applications and social media platforms.
We’re changing the stock media industry for the better and improving the way that customers find and buy content. Our Enterprise Division will grow by ~150% in 2018 and we’re looking for smart, determined, and creative talent to join our team and help us change the stock media industry!
We are looking for a Business Development Manager who brings exceptional commercial and analytical skills to join our team in the Washington, DC area. Storyblocks has very ambitious goals for 2018 and beyond and you will join a fast paced, scrappy, and creative team to help move the company and the industry forward!
Desired Applicant Experience:
- Passion for practicing the art and science of sales at one of the fastest growing startups in the Washington, DC metro area
- Consistently hit and exceed revenue targets
- Partner with potential customers from the content creation software and film and tv production industry to understand their content needs and prescribe appropriate solutions
- Research and report customer feedback and industry trends to internal stakeholders (product, engineering, marketing,)
- Be a great teammate!
- 5+ years of Sales / Account Management experience with a proven track record of developing opportunities, managing pipeline, and hitting numbers
- Superior Commercial Skills: internal and external communication, ability to close deals, understanding of sales cycle and process, and experience with CRM systems
- BA / BS from a leading University
- Inclination to partner with SDRs to build robust opportunity and pipeline numbers
- Knowledge of the stock industry, including licensing and indemnification
- High degree of self motivation and drive
- Experience with and knowledge of content creation software and applications such as Adobe, AVID, Giphy, Apple Pro, a plus
- Relationships within and knowledge of the TV and film production industry, preferred
- Proactive problem solver who operates effectively and independently, even in areas of uncertainty and ambiguity
- Ready for everything, can do anything!
- A casual, fun and fast paced work environment with unrivaled peers (and puppies!)
- Competitive salary, variable compensation, and benefits
- Comprehensive medical and dental insurance paid 100% of monthly premiums by the Company
- Flexible work hours with unlimited vacation
- Free gym membership, optional table tennis training program