and job purpose
INEOS is a global manufacturer of petrochemicals, specialty chemicals and oil products. It comprises 34 businesses each with a major chemical company heritage. Its network spans 181 sites in 22 countries throughout the world.
INEOS Oligomers consists of a portfolio of products that include Polybutene (PiB), Linear Alpha Olefins (LAO), Poly Alpha Olefins (PAO) and Specialty Oligomers. From a market perspective, Oligomers is seen as a market, technology and Product Stewardship leader for these products. To serve our customers, INEOS Oligomers has manufacturing facilities in Belgium, Canada, Germany, France and the United States (Texas).
Purpose of the job:
The Maintenance Supervisor proactively leads the Maintenance team toward the achievement of safety objectives, business goals, and process improvements to meet the site performance objectives. The Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for managing all site maintenance activities including planning, management of the site warehouse operation, directing the work of contracted maintenance staff, and procurement of site supplies and services.
With manufacturing facilities in United States and Belgium, INEOS Oligomers is the largest merchant suppliers of Poly Alpha Olefins (“PAO”) in the world. The LaPorte PAO site is a fully self-contained operating plant within a larger petrochemical complex, shared with LyondellBasell. The LaPorte site consists of three production units capable of producing twenty-four different products spanning a broad viscosity range using multiple feeds.
The Maintenance Supervisor position reports directly to the Technical Manager. The Maintenance Supervisor leads and manages the Maintenance team to support the PAO business. The Maintenance Supervisor interfaces daily with maintenance, engineering, SHE and logistics personnel to prioritize activities to achieve site performance goals.
In this role, the Maintenance Supervisor will provide guidance to the Reliability and Maintenance team, including his own people as well as third party service providers, to seek continuous unit reliability improvement and achieve best in class unit reliability performance within the constraints of safety performance, compliance with all applicable regulations, and minimum maintenance cost. In addition, the Maintenance Supervisor will be responsible for the planning and execution of the recurring unit turn-arounds in close co-operation with the plant's Operations department. In support of these activities, the Maintenance Supervisor will be responsible, with his team, for providing adequate and optimized supply of warehouse spare parts, and for ensuring the procurement of any spare parts from third party vendors.
Responsibilities AND Accountabilities
Accountability 1 – SHE
- Implements and abides by INEOS Oligomers safety policies and procedures and indirectly assures contract manpower meets company and government agency safety requirements. Shows strict adherence to the INEOS 20 Principles.
- Ensure compliance with OSHA, ANSI, ASTM and other industry standards, specifications, and regulations from electrical equipment, rotating equipment, vessels and piping manufacturers and service providers.
- Assists in writing and continually updating preventative maintenance programs for equipment monitored under state regulations to ensure compliance.
- Conducts Safety audits as assigned.
- Implements and maintains procedures as needed to comply with facility maintenance, ISO 9000, and processes safety management requirements.
- Ensures JSA's are performed to ensure that process hazards are systematically identified, risk assessed, reviewed, and managed
- Ensure protective systems are in place and properly inspected and maintained to deliver safe operation and maintain asset integrity.
- Continuously develop and monitor the safety consciousness of the maintenance department.
- Encourage, develop, and train process safety awareness at all levels.
- Supporting HAZOP's and SHE compliance audits by ensuring resources are available to participate and resolve recommendations through to completion.Coordination of shift teams' SHE activities, meetings, and inspections to ensure compliance with plant policies and procedures, OSHA, PSM, EPA, INEOS 20P, INEOS IGGN's, and INEOS Life Saving Rules.
- Ensure maintenance personnel are informed of all accidents/incidents and that all action items are completed as required.
- Communicate safety information shared by other INEOS businesses and locations.
Accountability 2 – Maintenance Management
- Set up, manage and control annual departmental operating budget.
- Install a comprehensive set of departmental Key Performance Indicators to allow continuous measurement, reporting and improvement of departmental performance
- Directly responsible for the management, training, and development of contract maintenance technicians in regards to repair and diagnosis of equipment, craft certification, and SHE performance.
- Support the MOC process as an active participant in the site's MOCs. Work with the engineers to achieve the best designs for their MOCs and implement the approved MOC's in the process units.
- Develop and manage an in depth plant monitoring and troubleshooting system to create an environment of continuous learning and improvement,
- Works to drive maintenance focus away from correction towards prevention of plant facilities and equipment,
- Works to achieve best in class maintenance work practices.
- Maintain close contact with equipment, material and component vendors to stay aware of, and capitalize on technological advances in the market
- Responsible for the review of plant maintenance notifications to formulate manpower, material, and equipment requirements.
- Updates and reviews data within the Computer Maintenance Management System on a daily basis to ensure accurate work order management and backlog information.
- Supervises special projects as assigned.
Accountability 3- Reliability and Planning
- Works with Maintenance Engineer to manage plant asset life plan and develop, implement and manage a risk based inspection program.
- Coordinates with operations and Maintenance Engineer for needed changes toward increasing reliability and to ensure adherence to all applicable regulatory requirements.
- Analyzes records, troubleshoots equipment problems, and makes procedure or technical recommendations to operations and Maintenance Engineer.
- Determines accurate requirements for and schedules all material (including common tools and erection equipment) and manpower for low priority work orders to achieve cost effective and timely maintenance work.
- Determines job sequence and priority through coordination with production.
- Analyzes work orders and prepares cost and schedule estimates, makes recommendations as to the methodology, equipment, material and spare parts requirements.
- Set maintenance priorities and manage maintenance resources, both internal as well as external to deliver best in class maintenance performance and minimize intervention times,.
- Directly responsible for providing detailed plans for completing plant, unit or equipment shutdowns.
Accountability 4 – Warehouse and Procurement
- Manages the implementation and operation of the site's parts and equipment warehouse and personnel and development of and adherence to critical warehouse tasks.
- Provides Production and Maintenance Engineer with accurate labor and material estimates through use of established time standards and job knowledge.
- Manage and optimize warehouse stock, maintenance equipment, machinery and tools to ensure parts are available when needed and at the same time minimizing impact to working capital
- Oversees the creation of purchase orders for materials, services, and supplies from approved requisitions.
Skills & Knowledge Required
- High school diploma required, 2-year technical degree preferred.
- Ten years or more experience in the installation, repair and maintenance of related industrial equipment required
- Minimum 7 years of experience in a maintenance and/or construction supervisory role. Extensive knowledge of SAP or equivalent CMMS is required
- Turn Around management and Planning experience a plus
- Broad technical knowledge and understanding in chemical operations and process control
- Strong analytical skills, with a proficiency in trouble-shooting and problem resolution
- Knowledge of SHE programs and the associated regulations
- Broad understanding of management processes
- Understanding of the principles in economic optimization
- Strong leadership, technical, and management skills
- Absolute integrity to maintain high SHE standards, open minded for continuous improvement, facilitator between technical disciplines, effective decision maker
- Enthusiastic team-stimulator and coach, fluent communicator, strong affinity for human relations, creating opportunities for personal growth with personnel through delegation of tasks
- Effective time management, strict follow-up of agreed actions, able to actively listen to diverging viewpoints and utilize the information to form the best strategy
- Strong self management skills. Hard working and capable of taking individual responsibility
ADA Physical requirements, visual acuity requirements and environmental conditions
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and perform tasks requiring repetitive use of hands. The employee must occasionally walk, stand and travel by car, airplane or other means. Exert up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
Employee must have the ability to see written documents, computer screens and to adjust focus.
Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction. Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication and to make discriminations in sound.