Merakey is seeking an Admissions Director to join our Behavioral Health division, located in Delaware county, PA.
The Admissions Director is responsible for directing the outpatient admissions processes for the Certified Community Behavioral Health Clinic of Merakey Delaware County. Merakey Delaware County provides mental health and substance use treatment services primarily for the eastern and northern half of Delaware County. The Admissions Director heads up a multi-disciplinary staff receiving referrals from a wide variety of Delaware County organizations. This position ensures that the admissions unit staff work in a highly coordinated and welcoming fashion to provide prompt access for residents of Delaware County to the variety of behavioral health services that Merakey offers. As such the position requires maintaining positive external relationships with referral agencies and productive working relationships with Merakey department heads and services staff.
The responsibilities of the Admissions Director include but are not limited to the following:
- Organizing admissions unit staff and admissions unit processes so that the response for those seeking behavioral health services is prompt, welcoming, professional, and person/family centered.
- Supervising admissions unit staff providing intake, registration, assessment, treatment planning, crisis management, and internal or external referral for treatment and other needed services.
- Supervising Community Liaison staff responsible for outreach and behavioral health education efforts in the community.
- Supervising Engagement Specialist staff working with individuals newly applying for services.
- Maintaining positive relationships with Delaware County community agencies and ensuring that Merakey is experienced as a reliable and effective resource for individuals in need of behavioral health services.
- Managing the admissions processes and staff so that individuals/families presenting for services feel that their needs were addressed and that they were treated with respect and courtesy throughout their first contact with Merakey.
- Following the completion of the admission process, ensuring that individuals leave with a clear understanding of recommendations for services, that the individual's connection to the recommended services is supported and that there is follow up and communication with the next staff who will be involved in providing services.
- Ensuring that admissions unit staff complete required documentation and enter required data into the EHR in a timely manner.
- Working as an effective and contributing member of the Merakey management team in concert with psychiatric staff, program directors and supervisors of other programs.
- Being flexible in order to cover other duties as assigned.
MERAKEY IS PROUD TO OFFER THE FOLLOWING BENEFITS
- Work/Life Balance
- Competitive Compensation Plans
- Opportunities for professional growth and advancement
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance Plans
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Short/Long Term Disability Coverage
- Life Insurance
- 403B Retirement Plan (with company matching)
- Marketplace Savings Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Wellness Programs
- 24-Hour Nurse Hotline
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Generous Paid Time Off (for qualifying positions)
- Stability that coincides with working for a national leader in education and human services
ABOUT MERAKEY'S BEHAVIORAL HEALTH DIVISION
Merakey offers a continuum of care in behavioral health (includes mental health and addictive diseases), integrating services in both community and site-based settings. These services provide a wide range of recovery focused treatment, services, and supports for children and adults.
Site/Clinic Based Services
- The Center for Hope
- Parent Child Interaction Therapy (PCIT)
- Parents and Children Together (PACT)
- Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP)
- Psychiatric/Socialization Rehabilitation for Hope
- Residential Services for Children and Adults
Community Based Services
For more information on each individual service, please visit:
- Assertive Community Treatment (ACT) and Forensic Assertive Community Treatment (FACT)
- Behavioral Health Rehabilitation Services (BHRS)
- Case Management / Recovery Coaching
- Community Health Liaison (CHL)
- Community and School Based Behavioral Health (CSBBH)
- Crisis Intervention
- Substance Use Disorder Services
- Dual Diagnosis Treatment Team (DDTT)
- Family Based Mental Health Services
- Therapeutic Family Care
- Foster Care Plus
- Peer Support
- Student Assistance Program (SAP)
- Supported Employment
- Supports for Permanency (SFP)
Merakey is a leading developmental, behavioral health and education provider offering a breadth of integrated services to individuals and communities across the country.
We leverage our size and expertise to develop innovative solutions and new models of care to meet the needs of individuals, their families, public and private healthcare funders and community partner organizations.
We recognize that complex needs require a holistic approach. With our experience, expertise and compassion, we empower everyone within our communities to reach their fullest potential.
With a rich tradition spanning 50 years with nearly 10,000 employees, Merakey provides care to over 40,000 adults and children throughout Pennsylvania, New Jersey, New York, Maryland, Delaware, Louisiana, Michigan, Texas, California, Virginia, and Tennessee.
Merakey is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer!
- Requires a Master's degree in Social Work, Psychology, Counseling, Nursing or a clinical related field,
- Must have 3 years of experience working in behavioral health,
- Must have at least 2 years of clinical supervisory experience,
- Strong customer service orientation,
- Ability to handle a variety of tasks and demands simultaneously,
- Computer literate, e. g. Word, Excel, etc.
- Ability to be well-organized in the face of competing demands,
- Ability to work independently and with a team.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled